Otterbox Commuter Case For iP4?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
What is the hold up with the release of the Otterbox Commuter case for the iPhone 4? The Defender case is already up for sale...and every time I call the Otterbox CS line, the line is busy!

I've been putting off buying a case for my iP4 waiting for this case...:(

ladytonya

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
You can pre-order one on Amazon but there's no expected ship date listed. I suspect they're just trying to get as many Defenders out as possible first. More expensive case = higher profit margin, plus they say on their site that it is their most popular case. Probably figure they're satisfying more customers this way.

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I had a Commuter for my 3GS and it was my favorite. I got impatient and went another route. I live in Atlanta and drove down to Case-Mate's offices. They have a case that is very similar:

iPhone 4 Hard Tough Cases by Case-mate

I actually like it better for fit and feel. Protection is very similar. My only issue is the bottom lip is a little loose. It is not an issue now but could be after prolonged use. Case-Mate gives you 30 days so it is worth the risk. If you have a kiosk or local store that carries Case-Mate, they may have it in stock as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro