OS 3.0 Mail supports Hotmail?

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I decided to see if "other" could be used, and you're right, hotmail can be added. I had tried that on OS 2.0 and then you couldn't. Great find, ctt1wbw!

ensorgumbs

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I dont understand. I always had hotmail on my iphone mail app. Its just a pain that when you delete an email from the iphone it doesn't get removed from the server.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
How long is "always." That was one of the first things I tried to do and I found out I had to have the paid hotmail acct to get it, so then I had to go to Yahoo Mail.

nickpav

May 2, 2009
Visit site
hotmail has not always been supported. however it has been for a few months now. i dont know exactly when it started being supported, but it is now. it isnt FULL support, you wont see your folders or any fancy stuff like you can in yahoo or gmail, but you can recieve and send emails.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
I have had hotmail setup on my iPod touch with the 2.2.1 Firmware. It lists the email host server name as pop3.live.com. Everything pretty much stayed the same after the 3.0 upgrade.

ensorgumbs

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Well I got my iPhone in feb I have had hotmail since then. Didn't know it wasn't originally supported. I just wish it showed all by folders etc