Ordered my iPhone 5

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
At&t has cancelled my order, without any sort of notification or reason.
I am beyond angry. I have seriously been having my doubts about them lately.
This might just be the button to push me over the edge.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
What did they say when you called them and ask ed them why did they cancel your order?
At&t has cancelled my order, without any sort of notification or reason.
I am beyond angry. I have seriously been having my doubts about them lately.
This might just be the button to push me over the edge.

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have their order with AT&T stuck in the system? I noticed my order was still showing pending so I called them yesterday and they couldn't find the order even though I had two emails from them confirming the order and this was through the Premier ordering site. So much for premier service! They currently have the issue escalated and told me that I would not lose my position in the queue, but they also would not guarantee me Friday delivery as my confirmation email states. It amazes me how they continue to have these issues year after year.

asapp

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
at&t ordered cancelled

I ordered from AT&T on Friday, Sept. 14th at 6:45 am. I received a confirmation email that my order would be delivered on 21st. Then I got 4 emails from AT&T Premier saying I need to contact them about my order - got this last night. I waited on hold with Preimer for 1 hr last night - seriously 1 hr and still did not talk to a rep. I called this morning at 7am - was on hold for 20 minutes. Finally got a rep and said my ordered had been cancelled and my other order there was a problem. I only ordered 1 white 32 g iphone 5. She reentered my order (wrong address for billing on previous order). I asked her I had already received a confirmation that I would receive the iphone on the 21st. Now she says you might and you might not - you could receive it at any time as of the 21st or after. no guarantees. IF I DO NOT GET MY PHONE ON THE 21ST I WILL BE TICKED OFF!!!! They do not want to deal with a ticked off lady from TEXAS!!!!!!!! It WILL GET UGLY!!!!!!! Now just have to wait.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
it will come with one

with unlocked phone from Apple, you DO need to buy sim from the carrier you plan to use. I did exactly this with 4s, so this is experience speaking. From everything I have seen so far (and I have been looking), the iPhone 5 *unlocked* is not yet available anywhere - not even Apple.

If you purchased in US, you may have purchased a full-price phone, contract-free, but if you had to select a carrier, it will not be unlocked. In this case, it WILL come with a SIM.

This is how 4s release went as well: the unlocked phones were not available until several weeks after the launch.

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I ordered from AT&T on Friday, Sept. 14th at 6:45 am. I received a confirmation email that my order would be delivered on 21st. Then I got 4 emails from AT&T Premier saying I need to contact them about my order - got this last night. I waited on hold with Preimer for 1 hr last night - seriously 1 hr and still did not talk to a rep. I called this morning at 7am - was on hold for 20 minutes. Finally got a rep and said my ordered had been cancelled and my other order there was a problem. I only ordered 1 white 32 g iphone 5. She reentered my order (wrong address for billing on previous order). I asked her I had already received a confirmation that I would receive the iphone on the 21st. Now she says you might and you might not - you could receive it at any time as of the 21st or after. no guarantees. IF I DO NOT GET MY PHONE ON THE 21ST I WILL BE TICKED OFF!!!! They do not want to deal with a ticked off lady from TEXAS!!!!!!!! It WILL GET UGLY!!!!!!! Now just have to wait.

They escalated mine to the ordering department for investigation, but I also asked for an escalation to a supervisor. She indicated to me that since I had confirmed shipping dates from them they would honor my place in the queue, but to be honest I'm not confident on that. My order is still showing pending today.

She did tell me that they had a number of orders get stuck in queue and they have to manually trace through to see what the problem is and release it. I would consider switching carriers, but I've never found Verizon to be very good in the customer service area either. I will say that the rep I had last night was fantastic and provided great service, she couldn't fix the issue immediately, but she was still very good in how she handled everything.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Ordered a white 32GB from Verizon on release day. Should be here by the 21st! Coming from a long line of BlackBerrys (Bold 9930 currently); but I'm no stranger to iOS. Have had the iPod Touch since it came out and have a 'new' iPad with Verizon LTE as well.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
What did they say when you called them and ask ed them why did they cancel your order?
They stated that it was due to a credit issue. The rep had no other information as to why it was cancelled. It was done by the system, not a person. I pressured her to find me an answer, but she refused every time.
I went into an At&t corp store to see if they could find me an answer, they told me the same thing. My account has been in good standing with At&t since 2006. I have no late fees or charges, I have no overdue balances, nothing. My personal credit score is over 700. I have no idea what the hell is going on and I can't get an answer out of At&t.

At least they tried to contact you. Mine was just flat out cancelled. No notification, nothing.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
They stated that it was due to a credit issue. The rep had no other information as to why it was cancelled. It was done by the system, not a person. I pressured her to find me an answer, but she refused every time.
I went into an At&t corp store to see if they could find me an answer, they told me the same thing. My account has been in good standing with At&t since 2006. I have no late fees or charges, I have no overdue balances, nothing. My personal credit score is over 700. I have no idea what the hell is going on and I can't get an answer out of At&t.

Sometimes cc companies put a hold on your account when they think there is a fraud alert. When moving into college, my mom's card was declined because a large amount was being spent in a different state (and she has a perfect credit score). We called and they thought the card was stolen, so they stopped all transactions. I made sure to call my credit card company before and tell them that I was making the iPhone purchase through Verizon.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes cc companies put a hold on your account when they think there is a fraud alert.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I had one card in particular that would put a freeze on my card almost every month when the server bill for my website was charged, they kept flagging it as suspicious. And I wouldn't notice it until I went to use the card and it was refused. Then I'd have to call in and confirm the charge was legit, even though this was a recurring charge EVERY month. Not to mention the embarrassment. The final straw was when they put a freeze on my card for, I kid you not, buying a $1.50 bottle of soda from the vending machine in the building in which I work. But the $1,000 plane tickets I bought to Florida 2 weeks prior? No problem. After the "soda incident" I quit using that f'ing card. :mad:

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes cc companies put a hold on your account when they think there is a fraud alert. When moving into college, my mom's card was declined because a large amount was being spent in a different state (and she has a perfect credit score). We called and they thought the card was stolen, so they stopped all transactions. I made sure to call my credit card company before and tell them that I was making the iPhone purchase through Verizon.

I got that a few weeks ago, because I bought some texbooks at the school book store, then bought a parking permit from administration. They thought it was suspicious because I had two charges to the same merchant.

That's not as bad as when they cut me off on Christmas Eve in an airport, because of "unusual activity". Yeah, because I'm travelling on Christmas Eve!

gary.l.fletcher

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Ordered iPhone 5 using Kids Upgrade on Sprint

So I ordered my iPhone 5 using my kids upgrade because i'm not eligible. I'm obivously getting the 5 and they are getting my 4. Can I direct activate it to my line using sprint.com's activate new phone for my line or does it have to be activated on their line and then switched out? I have a feeling I will have to activate it on their line, then re-activate my old EVO on their line to free up the 5, then activate the 5 on my line to free up the 4 to be activated on their line....make sense? It would be awesome to just do a direct activation on my line.....

Arrives friday!

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Got to laugh at myself.

I have pre ordered an iPhone5 from Apple but delivery isn't expected until 1st October.

However, I have now got my new O2 nanoSIM and activated it in my iPhone 4s and I also took delivery today of a new Otterbox Defender case (for iPhone5 obviously). So I'm good to go...

All I need now is my shiny new iPhone 5. Just can't wait!!

Just to add: The Otterbox feels very different than the iPhone4s version. The very soft silicone has gone and is replaced by something much firmer. It my well still be silicone but its no where near as 'stretchy' or soft

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered my iPhone 5 from Telus today. Delivery is to be expected on October 5th, can't wait to see the speeds of their LTE network.

leahg725

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I used my boyfriends upgrade. I have an iPhone 4. He has the LG cosmos from verizon. He knows how much I love the iPhone. The only thing he complained about on his phone was that he didn't have a lot of memory for pictures, so I bought him a $5 4gb memory card =P now I get the iPhone 5!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods