Only SOME of my notes disappeared, how can I get them back?

I

iMore Question

Only SOME of my notes disappeared

Use Yahoo as my default for notes. All notes since 3/14/16 have just disappeared. Some from prior to 3/14/16 have disappeared but some are still there and are in the notes folder in Yahoo. Can't find rhyme or reason why some are gone and some remain. How can I get the notes back? Unfortunately I haven't backed up my phone since 12/20/15.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Re: Only SOME of my notes disappeared

I don't know much about yahoo notes, but are you sure some notes weren't stored locally and you then disabled the phone's notes (after 3/14) ?

Btw this experience should teach you a lesson: turn on iCloud backups if some contents are important to you

dskubica

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Sorry. I should have been more detailed. I do also have iCloud back up for my notes. They aren't there either. iCloud has the same ones Yahoo has. I'm not sure how to know if the notes might have been stored locally. I don't see any options to allow that. I wouldn't know how I would have disabled them.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

Settings - Note - you should have the last switch for the phone account .... Is it enabled or disabled?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Only SOME of my notes disappeared

Sorry. I should have been more detailed. I do also have iCloud back up for my notes. They aren't there either. iCloud has the same ones Yahoo has. I'm not sure how to know if the notes might have been stored locally. I don't see any options to allow that. I wouldn't know how I would have disabled them.

Did you look in your notes folder in your Yahoo email?
My advise going forward is only have iCloud Notes in the Notes app. You won't lose Notes that way.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro