Online Apple Store, Y U DO THIS?

forbiddens

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I was happily going to get my silver iPhone exchanged for a gold, but when I told the guy at my local store I bought it online, he said they need to return it there then a phone will ship from there... that's gonna take around 2 weeks! Ughhhh. I fail to understand why we can't return online bought products at a retail store, have any of you had this problem ever?

(I'm sorry, I kinda just needed to rage)

itsgusmetropolo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
My guess? Stocks are different. Simple. But it shouldn't matter, they would send yours back anyway, so they would have one less phone in store stock no matter where you bought it, right?

forbiddens

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
My guess? Stocks are different. Simple. But it shouldn't matter, they would send yours back anyway, so they would have one less phone in store stock no matter where you bought it, right?
It kinda matters they send it away, but what matters more is that the phone will take almost half a month to ship to me!

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is why apple does this but I worked at a retailer and when customers returned online purchases we returned them back to distributions center. We didn't take them back into the store inventory and so we didn't take the hit to our sales. But we would process it so you would get your money back within a few days even if the warehouse didn't receive the item for a few weeks. Same for exchanges we would just treat it like a new purchase.

forbiddens

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this is why apple does this but I worked at a retailer and when customers returned online purchases we returned them back to distributions center. We didn't take them back into the store inventory and so we didn't take the hit to our sales. But we would process it so you would get your money back within a few days even if the warehouse didn't receive the item for a few weeks. Same for exchanges we would just treat it like a new purchase.
Hmmm..., so do you think if I reserved a phone tonight, would I be able to exchange my online bought iPhone tomorrow?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm..., so do you think if I reserved a phone tonight, would I be able to exchange my online bought iPhone tomorrow?

All of the stores, and online stores work under their own inventory and sales umbrella that's why they do that. If they had people buying and returning phones everywhere they would lose inventory pretty quickly. AppleCare plus is the only thing separate that can be handled anywhere if I'm not mistaken

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I never have a problem returning online items to the store. Never one word or complaint about it.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I never have a problem returning online items to the store. Never one word or complaint about it.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

The official policy is that you can return online purchases an an Apple Store. Here's the [URL="https://www.apple.com/shop/help/returns_refund#mn_p]policy[/URL]. In this case, I don’t think the issue is the return, but rather it appears to be a matter of having stock on hand to handle the exchange. This is different from a warranty replacement where the stores have a dedicated supply of devices for warranty replacements.

I fully expect this to change back to what we have experienced as "normal" once the initial surge subsides, later in the year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR