Ongoing Folder Problem

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
This is a real time waster when one has numerous apps in folders. Why don’t folders alpha-sort automatically, with only individual adjustments required?

FYI, it’s across the board with Apple devices.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
This is a real time waster when one has numerous apps in folders. Why don’t folders alpha-sort automatically, with only individual adjustments required?

FYI, it’s across the board with Apple devices.

Could you give a little more detail? Are you referring to iCloud drive folders? Local folders?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That would be a nice feature. I manually drag my folders so that they're in alphabetical order... it definitely would be nice if it happened automatically.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Again, this applies to all Apple devices. There is no way to provide such feedback.

Sure you can. Just use the link that @Lee_Bo posted. Then select iPhone, and explain your feedback, and be clear to state that you'd like to see this function on all of Apple's devices. It never hurts to try and Apple does read the feedback people submit.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Sure you can. Just use the link that @Lee_Bo posted. Then select iPhone, and explain your feedback, and be clear to state that you'd like to see this function on all of Apple's devices. It never hurts to try and Apple does read the feedback people submit.

Bingo. There IS a way if you're willing to do it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a need to put my folders in alphabetical order. I arrange mine by category and use. So, I would not want mine to go alphabetical automatically. An option in Settings for that might work.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
I just submitted my request. I asked that Apple provide several options for arranging home screen folder apps in future iOS updates.

Thanks for the suggestion!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have also submitted several request for IOS changes through the Apple support site, now it’s wait and see what actually materializes.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Exactly what I'm talking about!

But you do understand many people don't want their icons or folders in alphabetical order, right? As it is, we all can set them up as we like. I would get pissed if mine started resetting automatically in alphabetical order.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
That's what my feedback said. Several options for organizing folders. When folders have more than 10-20 apps, manual organization is a PIA.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's what my feedback said. Several options for organizing folders. When folders have more than 10-20 apps, manual organization is a PIA.

You want the app icons in a folder in alphabetical order? I just really doubt Apple will ever organize your folders for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal