One question for the Apple fans

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Tell me how Canadians see BB and how Koreans see the Samsung Galaxy? I really want to know.

#Naked Tuesday

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Tell me how Canadians see BB and how Koreans see the Samsung Galaxy? I really want to know.

#Naked Tuesday

They are the household names that people buy almost by default, whether they are best or not. They are not, what you'd call, fair weather fans.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I see. So Americans should buy from a American company even if they feel it's not the best product and that's loyalty.

#Naked Tuesday

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So Americans should buy say a Moto X instead of a iPhone even if they feel it isn't the best product for them. Just buy it because it's a American company.

#Naked Tuesday

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
How is canadian see BlackBerry ? Canadians are among those who like to put themselves in line during the iphone launching, they dont do that for BlackBerry

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So Americans should buy say a Moto X instead of a iPhone even if they feel it isn't the best product for them. Just buy it because it's a American company.

#Naked Tuesday

Because they have no loyalty lol. They'd sooner buy a Korean product.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Sure if they feel the Korean product is best.
As a consumer don't you want what you feel is the best you can afford?

#Naked Tuesday

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
They are the household names that people buy almost by default, whether they are best or not. They are not, what you'd call, fair weather fans.

I'm sorry but blackberry was a household name. Now it isn't at least from my part of Toronto. I only know two people with blackberries and they're both upgrading soon. On campus and in lectures I also see samsungs and iPhones and sometimes see a legacy bb. So please everybody don't think us Canadians are here wearing blackberry tees.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
As Canadians, I think we often struggle to to describe what exactly the Canadian identity is. We are a relatively young, very multicultural country. As a part of that search into what we are, we tend to identify with things that we're good at or enjoy (ie. Hockey) or homegrown success stories that have gotten known on a bigger stage (ie. BlackBerry, the Canadarm etc.)

I'm a proud Canadian, I want BlackBerry to be successful. I want them to turn it around. But I'm not going to buy their product just because they are headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario. What they put out has to be able to meet my needs and wants. It's been frustrating seeing all their misfires over the last few years...one of the reasons I now have a couple of iOS and Android devices in my stable as well.

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Im canadian, i dont know people using blackberry around me, its all iphone and android, BB pay tax to the govt? Me i do, I owe BB nothing and BB owe me nothing and my car is German made , my point is i choose the best.

The best for you may not be the best for me.
Chose the device you enjoy and be happy with it.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
If Apple is an American company... How come we don't see a sense of loyalty from the Americans to the level that the Canadian people have for BlackBerry?

Americans end up being loyal to companies that serve their needs. Not everyone needs or wants Apple products. Americans have a mentality and way of life that entertains many "choices" and they use that advantage in many instances. That's why so many people want to live in the U.S. Lots and lots of choices. I think it's a much bigger deal to Canadians that BlackBerry is Canadian than it is to Americans that Apple is American.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

#Naked Tuesday

Speaking of the Moto X, I have heard that it's a pretty darn good phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen