One question for the Apple fans

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If Apple is an American company... How come we don't see a sense of loyalty from the Americans to the level that the Canadian people have for BlackBerry?

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Im canadian, i dont know people using blackberry around me, its all iphone and android, BB pay tax to the govt? Me i do, I owe BB nothing and BB owe me nothing and my car is German made , my point is i choose the best.

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I was on my car listening to the radio the news was BB would eliminate thousands of employees and then i went inside the house and watch tv and it was the launching of iphone 5s im toronto i saw many ppl on the line it was the hype and everything, it was in toronto ! Can you believe that? I told my friend that maybe a parent of someone who was in the line work for BB and maybe one of these thousands employees ,i just hope not, but hey i hear that some 400 employees have found new jobs

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
If Apple is an American company... How come we don't see a sense of loyalty from the Americans to the level that the Canadian people have for BlackBerry?

Microsoft is an American company. People don't seem to love them all that much.

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
When i said there is no change i mean there is no change for apple and android, and believe me android is going strong seems like bb user are going android these days

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Me too im happy for you, im not hating blackberry , its just phone you know, but i think bb user deserve more from BlackBerry company, they should do more for their fans

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
All things being equal, I believe most people support their local businesses. However we tend to look elsewhere if our needs, requirements, or desires aren't being met.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The loyalty to Apple is evident every iPhone launch with folks camping out time and time again since 2007. What other proof is needed?

#Naked Tuesday

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site

What kind of loyalty are we talking about here? Apple is insanely profitable, their products are fairly popular, and roughly half the US population is reported to be using iPhones. I would say that is very impressive given the intense competition and the sheer variety of smartphones available in the market.

If anything, I would argue against blind loyalty. People have a choice, and a significant number are clearly opting for Apple products, despite their higher price tags and oft-criticised closed ecosystem. I say that speaks volumes about the quality and allure of their products, when you buy it of your own free will despite all these perceived drawbacks, rather than being "guilt-tripped" into supporting a local brand out of some misguided sense of patriotism.

That said, I wish Asia could get the same benefits. Our iTunes and ibooks selection is downright abysmal. No iTunes radio even. :(

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What kind of loyalty are we talking about here? Apple is insanely profitable, their products are fairly popular, and roughly half the US population is reported to be using iPhones. I would say that is very impressive given the intense competition and the sheer variety of smartphones available in the market.

If anything, I would argue against blind loyalty. People have a choice, and a significant number are clearly opting for Apple products, despite their higher price tags and oft-criticised closed ecosystem. I say that speaks volumes about the quality and allure of their products, when you buy it of your own free will despite all these perceived drawbacks, rather than being "guilt-tripped" into supporting a local brand out of some misguided sense of patriotism.

That said, I wish Asia could get the same benefits. Our iTunes and ibooks selection is downright abysmal. No iTunes radio even. :(

I'm just saying that American consumers just don't see Apple iPhones like Canadians see Blackberries or Koreans view Samsung Galaxies. I'm also a little suspicious if Apple's brand equity had more to do with the loyalty than it being an American company and thus it holding more significance that way.

In other words, Americans are far more fickle consumers than most consumers whom companies are based in. If another company becomes more popular than Apple or Microsoft, all of the sudden they are on bad books. That's what I'm getting at.