• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

One more thing… Goodbye from iMore

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I saw Rene’s post on X. I hadn’t been as active but if I couldn’t figure it out I knew where to go! So what now! Is there anywhere or I’m on my own!

Last edited:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
René Ritchie and Serenity Caldwell have posted on social media their farewells to iMore. So did Stephen Hackett on his own blog.

René Ritchie: Serenity Caldwell: Stephen Hackett:

Edit:
René has also posted on Threads about iMore’s shutdown.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Annie_M

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I used to be a regular, but I stopped visiting a few years ago because Apple has stopped being interesting. Sure, I still use their products, but it’s only slight upgrades from previous years so it just feels familiar year over year. Future ruined the former Mobile Nations sites with their ads, and that’s mostly why I stopped coming. No offense to the current team, but I miss reading Caldwell’s articles.

Reactions: Annie_M

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
René Ritchie and Serenity Caldwell have posted on social media their farewells to iMore. So did Stephen Hackett on his own blog.

René Ritchie: Serenity Caldwell: Stephen Hackett:
Those were the days

Reactions: EdwinG

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was totally unaware of this and am just as surprised as you all are. I joined IMore when it was known as TiPb - The iPhone Blog and I’ve been a regular ever since.

I know all things must come to an end, and looking back over the past several years, the signs were there.

Anyway, I’ll continue to be here in the forums until November 1 when, according to the article, it shuts down for good.

Ninjja

Jun 21, 2024
Visit site
I was totally unaware of this and am just as surprised as you all are. I joined IMore when it was known as TiPb - The iPhone Blog and I’ve been a regular ever since.

I know all things must come to an end, and looking back over the past several years, the signs were there.

Anyway, I’ll continue to be here in the forums until November 1 when, according to the article, it shuts down for good.

I remember when it was TiPb. I had been wondering what happened to the iMore show.

Maybe we should create a Discord channel?

antiprotest

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I used to come here multiple times every day. For me, it was the initiate big redesign years back that ruined the site. It became unusable and I stopped coming. A smaller redesign a shorter while back didn't fix it enough.

Anyway, farewell.

TNT

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
It was the moderators not moderating and allowing toxic behavior to turn people away. Now act surprised the member usage has been declining.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I am just as saddened by this! I still can’t believe what I’m reading, I’ve been here since 2011. There are a small handful of “friends” that I enjoyed “chatting” with here on some threads, you being one of them D.

I still stop in everyday a few times even though I may not post….

Either way when the plug is pulled on 11/1 I will be sad about it

With that being said, is there any other sites some of you are going to for small talk, screen shots & other helpful info? Please LMK.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am just as saddened by this! I still can’t believe what I’m reading, I’ve been here since 2011. There are a small handful of “friends” that I enjoyed “chatting” with here on some threads, you being one of them D.

I still stop in everyday a few times even though I may not post….

With that being said, is there any other sites some of you are going to for small talk, screen shots & other helpful info? Please LMK.

Thank you so much, and make no mistake about it, you are definitely one of my favorite people here and I’ve sincerely enjoy your friendship over the years. As for what forums to frequent next, I honestly do not know. MacRumors is the logical choice for me. I’ve not joined it, but I have read numerous threads therein.

They appear to have a decent following. Having said that, I’m not sure if I’ll even be an ‘active’ participant. Know what I mean? I’ll have to wait and see how I feel after November 1st.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Ok was this also Mobile Nations? CrackBerry? I’m straining my menopausal mind! I had a BB until iPhone came to VZW because I refused to have ATT!

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
There are a small handful of “friends” that I enjoyed “chatting” with here on some threads, you being one of them D.

Same

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member