Ok....what's up with the camera on my 4s?

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
LOL I feel bad because I only come to you guys with problems, but I have another one :)

I have a white 4s, 64gb. When I take a picture using flash, the whole picture has a haze over it. Doesn't matter if I'm using HDR, standard, etc it just comes out with a haze over it. The camera lens in it is clean. My mom has a white 16gb 4s and hers come out the same way, I have another friend with a white 4s and it's the same thing. Is anyone else having this problem? Apple wanted to replace the phone (I had to take it home and back it up first) but I don't want them to replace it an have the same thing happen.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that the white ones have this issue... have you tried putting a case on it to see if that helps with the reflection?

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
LOL I feel bad because I only come to you guys with problems, but I have another one :)

I have a white 4s, 64gb. When I take a picture using flash, the whole picture has a haze over it. Doesn't matter if I'm using HDR, standard, etc it just comes out with a haze over it. The camera lens in it is clean. My mom has a white 16gb 4s and hers come out the same way, I have another friend with a white 4s and it's the same thing. Is anyone else having this problem? Apple wanted to replace the phone (I had to take it home and back it up first) but I don't want them to replace it an have the same thing happen.

Thanks!

This might sound like a stupid question, but it happens. Did you leave the plastic cover on the back of the iPhone? the iPhone 4/4s comes with a plastic strip on both the front and back.

jalba3

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
This might sound like a stupid question, but it happens. Did you leave the plastic cover on the back of the iPhone? the iPhone 4/4s comes with a plastic strip on both the front and back.
I second this. I had my iPhone replaced, and the second one that was issued. had a piece of plastic, that I cut the bottom strip and left there for protection. I would make sure the lens was clean, but I guess there was a little space/air gap between the lens and the plastic. Took it off, and it took care of the issue. The flash is what wouldn't allow for clear pictures. W/O flash it would be fine.

Ip.fanboy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
i was having the same problem then i noticed that u can't have the fingers any close to the camera while u are taking a picture... u will see the difference if u just hold the phone's corners to take a picture!!!! :) it worked for me... sometimes the cases make it worst tho...

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Three things.

Lighting - If there is no light the picture isn't going to come out amazing. Even if you have flash.
Case - Sometimes the case reflects off of the case pushing it back towards the camera or in the way of the camera
Plastic protection - same as camera, or it might slightly cover the camera if someone didn't put it on right.

If its not any of those things i would have a "genius" look at it or exchange it if possible.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry-I dropped the ball on this one big time! Anyways, here's an example of a picture the phone takes, without a case or plastic over the lens. I know two other people whose white ones do the same thing, so I'm hesitant to have them replace it if the problem will be the same. Thoughts?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Sorry-I dropped the ball on this one big time! Anyways, here's an example of a picture the phone takes, without a case or plastic over the lens. I know two other people whose white ones do the same thing, so I'm hesitant to have them replace it if the problem will be the same. Thoughts?

Are you using a case? And if so, which one?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
First one doesn't seem to have worked. Here's another..

Mine does that, but I have a black on with an aftermarket case. On mine, the case actually slightly covers the flash (or the flash hole of the case is slightly off-centered)... Is your flash totally exposed or does the case cover it up at all?

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

I have a white 4s and my pictures come out great with or without a case. I saw the pictures you posted and I agree that they aren't good. I don't think its a white 4s problem because like I said I have a white one and so do 3 of my friends and all our pictures look like they should. I'll post a picture taken with my camera and one of my friends in the next post (typing this from my Mac).

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
6c561153-0c83-9581.jpg

My camera

6c561153-0cba-d050.jpg

My sister's

See they look nothing like the pictures from your camera. So it can't be a white 4s issue. It has to be something with the individual phone.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

My camera

Click to view quoted image

My sister's

See they look nothing like the pictures from your camera. So it can't be a white 4s issue. It has to be something with the individual phone.

The lighting is good there. So even if a flash is used, it wouldn't cause a issue. The OP is referring to using a flash and if you look at their pic, its poor lighting area.

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha I missed that part.
6c561153-108c-e142.jpg

Dim lighting (darn near dark) with flash. I have others but they have friends faces in them and don't like to post without permission.

This picture still comes out better than the OP's.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine does that, but I have a black on with an aftermarket case. On mine, the case actually slightly covers the flash (or the flash hole of the case is slightly off-centered)... Is your flash totally exposed or does the case cover it up at all?

No case guys! The phone had no screen protector on the back.