Ok so here's the deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Danis

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
This morning I posted on this forum asking if a jailbreak was legit or not. I was called a spammer and my account was banned. I was not spamming, I was generally curious. I was following greenposon on twitter and he tweeted it. I'd like my other account unbanned, please. Xdanisx

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Picking a fight with the mods in the forum like this is not going to win friends or influence people in a positive way... and when there's a legit jailbreak about to be released, trust that the resident iMore subject matter expert(s) will have ample coverage on the blog, and in the forums. I'll trust them to filter through the crap, and bring us solid, reliable, and confirmed information.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You posted a link that lead to a site that was asking people to pay for a jailbreak...either you're full of crap and you're the spammer, or you're too naive to understand what you were posting in the first place, and because of the nature of what you posted, you're responsible for the kind of content that is included in said link.

For examples sake, this is what your post linked to... AppleUnlocker.com| How to Unlock iPhone | Jailbreak iPhone| Jailbreak iPad
***THIS IS NOT A LEGITIMATE JAILBREAK LINK!!! ITS CRAP! I was just pointing it out to the OP who originally posted it***

If you can't see that this is not a legitimate jailbreak site then lord help you, because it couldn't scream BS anymore than it does. I mean for god's sake man! There's grammatical errors all over the homepage!

Last edited:

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
You posted a link that lead to a site that was asking people to pay for a jailbreak...either you're full of crap and you're the spammer, or you're too naive to understand what you were posting in the first place, and because of the nature of what you posted, you're responsible for the kind of content that is included in said link.

For examples sake, this is what your post linked to... AppleUnlocker.com| How to Unlock iPhone | Jailbreak iPhone| Jailbreak iPad

If you can't see that this is not a legitimate jailbreak site then lord help you, because it couldn't scream BS anymore than it does. I mean for god's sake man! There's grammatical errors all over the homepage!

Wait...that's not...oh geez...
>phone bricked<
😵

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
There are a couple of key things you should see if a site is lagit. The jailbreak will be free, and the same jailbreak will be ALL over the web as big news! Including here. If you want you could give them your credit card info and see what happens? If not you should just relax and wait like the rest of us and stick to reputable sites like iMore and Dev-Team Blog - redsn0w iOS6beta for example.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Here's the official response from a real mod.

I requested the thread be left alone - my response was in the thread as well as my request going to my colleagues (who evidently did not read my message). When you were banned you should have gotten an email with the name of the mod who banned you. I don't see anything in the ban tracker. Anyhow...please respond do your ban message if you want to have the ban lifted by an admin (not a mod).

As to the rest of you - give a guy a break. Just because someone sees an article about a jailbreak and wants to share does not mean he is spamming. Just means he's new and excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR