Ok...I caved.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Ok...after huffing and puffing about how perfect the size of the iPhone 7 was, and how "too stinking big" the Plus was...that it felt like an iPad Pro in the front pocket of my slacks...I caved.

I stumbled across a 256gb Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus at Best Buy yesterday evening, after everybody in town said they'd been out of Plusses for weeks and that nobody would have any Matte Black ones in stock until the latter part of November. I casually walked into the Best Buy Mobile at my local mall and asked if they had any...expecting the same old story. Suprise! They had ONE that they had gotten in an hour before. I virtually HAD to pull the trigger. Yes...256gb is insane. I'll never use half of that...in fact, probably not half of half of that. But...it's there, and it's what they had THEN.

And you know what...seriously? It doesn't feel that big in my pocket. I got used to it today at work after only an hour or so. No big deal.

I'm stoked with it. Beautiful screen...everything is bigger and better than my 7 was. And, for a guy who's not getting any younger...it's a whole lot easier to read stuff on too. And, the matte black color with the black leather Apple case looks sexy. Boom!

We have a winner! :yes::biggrin:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok...after huffing and puffing about how perfect the size of the iPhone 7 was, and how "too stinking big" the Plus was...that it felt like an iPad Pro in the front pocket of my slacks...I caved.

I stumbled across a 256gb Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus at Best Buy yesterday evening, after everybody in town said they'd been out of Plusses for weeks and that nobody would have any Matte Black ones in stock until the latter part of November. I casually walked into the Best Buy Mobile at my local mall and asked if they had any...expecting the same old story. Suprise! They had ONE that they had gotten in an hour before. I virtually HAD to pull the trigger. Yes...256gb is insane. I'll never use half of that...in fact, probably not half of half of that. But...it's there, and it's what they had THEN.

And you know what...seriously? It doesn't feel that big in my pocket. I got used to it today at work after only an hour or so. No big deal.

I'm stoked with it. Beautiful screen...everything is bigger and better than my 7 was. And, for a guy who's not getting any younger...it's a whole lot easier to read stuff on too. And, the matte black color with the black leather Apple case looks sexy. Boom!

Don't feel bad. I returned home from the Apple Store not long ago with a black iPhone 7 Plus....:).... I really did enjoy using the iPhone 7, and I still believe it is the perfect size for a smartphone, yet, I miss using the Plus size and simply prefer it more and thus the reason for the swap...:)

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Don't feel bad. I returned home from the Apple Store not long ago with a black iPhone 7 Plus....:).... I really did enjoy using the iPhone 7, and I still believe it is the perfect size for a smartphone, yet, I miss using the Plus size and simply prefer it more and thus the reason for the swap...:)

You know this makes us all just a bunch of mobile phone dorks, don't you? :rotfl: :biggrin:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You know this makes us all just a bunch of mobile phone dorks, don't you? :rotfl: :biggrin:
(laughing)...Yeah, I know, but hey, at least we're not out wasting our hard earned money on illicit drugs....:)

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I was 100% sure you were gonna return the 7 for a 7 Plus.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was 100% sure you were gonna return the 7 for a 7 Plus.

Well, you turned out to be 100% right.......Seriously, there was nothing about the iPhone 7 I didn't like, and I honestly planned on keeping it until the release of the 10th anniversary iPhone, but man, I just missed using the Plus model. The difference in the camera wasn't a consideration, the extra RAM was a slight motivation, and I do mean slight. It boiled down to my preference for using a bigger device.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to the Plus Club Terry!

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
It's amazing how quickly the plus seems to shrink down from an unusable slab to a large but very manageable device, and how that causes the 7 to seem tiny by comparison. Honestly, I don't know how I ever managed with an iPhone 4. 😄

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
It's amazing how quickly the plus seems to shrink down from an unusable slab to a large but very manageable device, and how that causes the 7 to seem tiny by comparison. Honestly, I don't know how I ever managed with an iPhone 4.

Until someone, like my lovely friend mentioned while peering over his iPhone SE today at me, "is that an F'ing iPad?!"

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
It's amazing how quickly the plus seems to shrink down from an unusable slab to a large but very manageable device, and how that causes the 7 to seem tiny by comparison. Honestly, I don't know how I ever managed with an iPhone 4. ��

I still have to use a 4 for work, but I could never use it as my DD. Honestly I hate that phone. My 7P is very nice...she could stand to trim down some or get a larger screen.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It's amazing how quickly the plus seems to shrink down from an unusable slab to a large but very manageable device, and how that causes the 7 to seem tiny by comparison. Honestly, I don't know how I ever managed with an iPhone 4.

I went from an SE to a plus and I'm amazed at how easy this size just became the norm and NBD