Oh Apple, make my phone choice hard?? Moto X or iPhone 6?

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I am always curious about these type of debates, since my dilemma would involve more than just picking the phone itself.

It would involve switching ecosystems entirely. It may not be a big deal for those that have a mix of android and apple devices, but if your invested heavily in one system, it makes a difference.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I did say tool vs toy. The "app gap" as you put it is not gone where I sit over all the technology in a multi-site enterprise with 750+ employees. Sure it's equal if you use Facebook, text, need a map, buy a plane ticket and a bunch of stuff. It's not gone when we look at the solutions vendors have to offer for us.

There is much concentration on what works well for my business needs but we have hundreds of people in BYOD mode who connect to our Exchange servers and we have Apple, Motorola and Samsung phones owned by the company. With that I see who and what scenarios create satisfied users, good product life cycle and good service for problems.

None of this stops my thinking the Moto X is a super phone.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I really hate this "tool vs. toy" argument. CrackBerry likes to use this all the time and it is honestly an excuse for them not having a "play" side. You use the phone that does what you need it to regardless of work or play. Play with both, make a list of what you want/need and see how each handles them.

robstunner

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
So I jumped on here as I googled for opinions between the two. My moto x comes in tomorrow while I returned my iPhone 6 silver (god I strongly dislike that chrome ring on the home button) last week. While I strongly believe I prefer android to iOS, I'm getting kind of burnt out of the massive selection of android phones constantly coming out. I ordered the moto x but I'm already looking at the new-new phones coming out with bigger processors, batteries cameras etc. (Note 4, nexus 6, z3, HTC8 eye etc).

The one thing I can say, if you have money.... Buy the moto x off contract. You have 14 days and a FULL refund if you don't like it. All u need to do is call them and send it back. That's what I'm doing, and if I end up not liking it I'm strongly considering an iPhone 6 (in black) to just get out of the vicious cycle of constant new phones I seem to be stuck in. There actually an iPhone 6 in stock locally at best buy which also doesn't have restocking fees that I'm contemplating as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JAStark27

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
The things I personally love about the iPhone 6 coming from android is for one the Touch ID. I never had a password or pattern lock on my android devices. Just wanted to get in there. With the Touch ID my phone is secure without having to waste time typing in a pin. The camera is awesome on the phone. Best camera I have ever had. Lower megapixels then the newer androids but still turn out better which proves megapixels aren't everything. I actually get better battery life then I did on my moto x which had very good battery life as well. Apple pay when it is released later this year is going to be great. I think it will open up mobile payments in a way android never could. Plus it's more secure which is probably why it hasn't been adopted very well yet. Having the partners with it that Apple does is definitely a good sign. I loved the customization of android but after awhile stopped caring simply because I was tired of switching things around. I still mess with my wallpaper and stuff on the iPhone but I'm happy with the way it is. I'm not widget crazy but I am very glad to see widgets now on the iPhone. I used a calendar, weather, Facebook and sportscenter widget on android and the only one I currently don't have on iPhone is the Facebook one. That is one I can live without tho. I actually like the spot where the widgets are located. You can access them from any app and not have to get out of what your doing to glance at something. On android I would have to go to the homescreen and then go back into my app. Ultimately your decision is going to come down to your preference but I figure I'd tell you why I went with the iPhone 6.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal