Offloading photos (Live) to online cloud storage

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks. I have over 50 gigs of photos backed up to OneDrive. I’ve got Office 365 Personal subscription and I’m pretty happy with it.

However, OneDrive doesn’t support Live Photos. I’m starting to accumulate a hefty amount of iPhone storage preserving the photos on my iPhone. Is it possible to offload the Live Photo’s to iCloud and remove them from the phone? How do you guys store your Live Photos?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I convert mine to video, then upload to Box and Dropbox. There's an app for that. I can then save the video back to camera roll, and convert back to live photo if need be. There's an app for that too. LOL

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I convert mine to video, then upload to Box and Dropbox. There's an app for that. I can then save the video back to camera roll, and convert back to live photo if need be. There's an app for that too. LOL

Lol. Thanks but maybe there’s another less convoluted way of doing this? I wish Apple would do something about this.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Lol. Thanks but maybe there’s another less convoluted way of doing this? I wish Apple would do something about this.

There's really nothing to do anything about. This is the way is was designed to work.

However, this is what I do. I have a folder named My iCloud Photos in the Files app. I go into my iCloud photos app and select all the ones I want to move. Then export them to said folder and delete them from the Photos app. Images arw now gone from Photos but are still in my custom folder. Works great.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
There's really nothing to do anything about. This is the way is was designed to work.

However, this is what I do. I have a folder named My iCloud Photos in the Files app. I go into my iCloud photos app and select all the ones I want to move. Then export them to said folder and delete them from the Photos app. Images arw now gone from Photos but are still in my custom folder. Works great.

Yes this is something I thought about recently. It worked alright for normal photos but Live Photos lose their format and when I exported back to my photos app they turned up as static images. This is what annoys me. I can already store static photos to OneDrive so without Live Photo support iCloud isn’t offering anything new.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes this is something I thought about recently. It worked alright for normal photos but Live Photos lose their format and when I exported back to my photos app they turned up as static images. This is what annoys me. I can already store static photos to OneDrive so without Live Photo support iCloud isn’t offering anything new.

Here's a solution I found. Seems to work for this user.
38569ebf4769f6fd6964c548d6363b4e.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I was just reading this article posted this morning on iMore about Live Photos. One of the topics in the article was how to create a GIF from a live photo. I'm not sure that's the perfect solution for you, but in case you're interested, here's a link to that story: https://www.imore.com/live-photos

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I was just reading this article posted this morning on iMore about Live Photos. One of the topics in the article was how to create a GIF from a live photo. I'm not sure that's the perfect solution for you, but in case you're interested, here's a link to that story: https://www.imore.com/live-photos

Thank you for sharing. I’ve considered GIF before but it loses colours and sound. So I’m not too keen on this option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods