Official TiPb iPhone and iPad wallpaper contest!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I finally had some time to complete the initial wallpaper. It's still for iPhone 4, the iPad will come later.

I added another version that is a little lighter.

You win this week! Awesome wallpaper.

It looks like the main rows of icons could use a bit of tweaking through. Maybe my eyes are crooked but they don't look 100% perfectly straight. Try the grid lines in photoshop :) if they are straight, ignore my comment. :p

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You win this week! Awesome wallpaper.

It looks like the main rows of icons could use a bit of tweaking through. Maybe my eyes are crooked but they don't look 100% perfectly straight. Try the grid lines in photoshop :) if they are straight, ignore my comment. :p

yes you are right :D I will def try the grid lines didn't even think of it. I was trying to get in as close to the icon as possible with the magnetic lasso.

IntrepidPro

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Taken by my Coolpix 8800 -- great camera but will be my last non-DSLR....I just still need to actually buy a DSLR someday. :D

Location: Field outside of Sacramento -- Taken in Summer 2006

EDIT - Wait...setting my picture to iPads - 1024x1024 seems all wrong. The pic I have for my iPad is from my iPhoto library and is roughly 3200x2400 and the software matches it up nicely to work for my background and looks best in landscape.

But editing the photo down to 1024 looks awful all perfectly square. My iPad is far from square....am I missing something?

Help appreciated :D

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Some peeps were asking for the iPad version of my wallpaper "Bark" lol. I'm sorry here it is I was trying to put borders on it but with the rotation of the screen and the different res 1024x768 & 768x1024 rotated the borders end up in the wrong place :(

I will do a 3G version and then I'm planning to do 2 or 3 more wallpapers for this thread before I start to put my wallpapers on a site I'm on.

Update
Adding 3G/3Gs version both iOS4.x & non iOS 4 version. I don't have a 3G so I'm using screenshots to get the positioning of the borders. So I'm hoping they turn out OK. If you have a 3G you will obviously need to be JBen to display backgrounds.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Taken by my Coolpix 8800 -- great camera but will be my last non-DSLR....I just still need to actually buy a DSLR someday. :D

Location: Field outside of Sacramento -- Taken in Summer 2006

EDIT - Wait...setting my picture to iPads - 1024x1024 seems all wrong. The pic I have for my iPad is from my iPhoto library and is roughly 3200x2400 and the software matches it up nicely to work for my background and looks best in landscape.

But editing the photo down to 1024 looks awful all perfectly square. My iPad is far from square....am I missing something?

Help appreciated :D

The res of the iPad is 1024 x768 but since the homescreen rotates you use 1024x1024 so that the wallpaper looks good in either orientation. What are you using to edit the picture? The good news is when you start out with a high resolution picture like yours editing down is better than if it's a small resolution and you try to make it bigger. PM me so we don't clutter the thread.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Coastline

OK I finally finished all the versions. The 3G versions might need a little tweaking I don't have a 3G to test it with so anyone that uses it let me know through PM if anything is a little off.

Update
Sorry guys for some reason the iPhone 4 wallpapers the borders got shifted. I'm uploading the corrected version.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Doorway

I only did a iPhone 4 and iPad version so far. If I do a 3G/3Gs version I will put it up in a couple of days.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2