Official Leather iPhone 5/S case who likes it

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I have a week-old Spigen Tough Armor case in black that I would love to trade for someone's black Apple leather case!

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for 3 weeks and by far it's the best case I've owned. I have the black one and still looks like brand new. I've tried around 15 different cases low profile ones, protective ones and by far this tops them all!

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Looking around, this will be my first case to buy.
I say first because I know me- I'm gonna get another case. And I'm also gonna go without a case, since well- the phone does look rather sexy.

I'm gonna say f-it to the scuffs and see what it will look like distressed and dirty. I've got some leather conditioner for my leather briefcase and cowboy boots that has served me well.

But now I have to select a color for my non-existent 5S

Brown I'm guessing will age the best, after some scuffs, some conditioner, it would look cool. But not sure about the color combo with the space grey.
Beige is too bland for me.
Black would look awesome with space grey, but then I'd be paying $40 for more of the same... kind of a waste.
Red looks good, spices things up, and I think it could age well, but it seems to be the "it" color for space grey iPhones- it's like all the reviews are with this combo.
Blue looks good, but doesn't look so good with space gray and I don't think it will age well.
I LOVE the yellow/space gray combo as a more playful option but again I don't think it will age well.

Looks like a trip to the Apple Store is in order!

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Well I've decided to get the yellow one.
Somehow it doesn't fit onto my phone... oh wait, this is a case for the 5S!
Verizon is the only one who can fix this!
First time I bought a case for a phone I don't have.

Attachments

• DSC_0882.jpg
    DSC_0882.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 118

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Broke down and bought one just now. I immediately love it. The fit is very reminiscent of the Magpul Fieldcase which was my favorite 4/4S case. Thumbs up to Apple. Here are a couple pics of the brown leather on my white 5...

ujy4yry8.jpg

7e7y2ave.jpg

Sorry about the quality. I took these with my iPad 2 :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
ok so just put the black one on last night- Loving it! My only concern is how protective is it- I saw a few people talked of drops and it holding up- any one else have a positive or negative experience? I know its not as protective as my life proof- And while I am careful with my phone- no one intends to drop it- things happen...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ok so just put the black one on last night- Loving it! My only concern is how protective is it- I saw a few people talked of drops and it holding up- any one else have a positive or negative experience? I know its not as protective as my life proof- And while I am careful with my phone- no one intends to drop it- things happen...

It's plenty protective to me as I've been rocking my 5 naked for the past couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've tried it twice now. It's overpriced and not worth the money. You can get a much better case for cheaper elsewhere. The one I'm using now leaves a gap between the bezel and top part if the phone. The first one scuffed up way to easy. I feel like I have to baby the $40 case.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Looking around, this will be my first case to buy.
I say first because I know me- I'm gonna get another case. And I'm also gonna go without a case, since well- the phone does look rather sexy.

I'm gonna say f-it to the scuffs and see what it will look like distressed and dirty. I've got some leather conditioner for my leather briefcase and cowboy boots that has served me well.

But now I have to select a color for my non-existent 5S

Brown I'm guessing will age the best, after some scuffs, some conditioner, it would look cool. But not sure about the color combo with the space grey.
Beige is too bland for me.
Black would look awesome with space grey, but then I'd be paying $40 for more of the same... kind of a waste.
Red looks good, spices things up, and I think it could age well, but it seems to be the "it" color for space grey iPhones- it's like all the reviews are with this combo.
Blue looks good, but doesn't look so good with space gray and I don't think it will age well.
I LOVE the yellow/space gray combo as a more playful option but again I don't think it will age well.

Looks like a trip to the Apple Store is in order!

The blue looked great on my space gray but it started looking bad to me after about 5 days so I returned it for the black one.

My Apple store had them all out so I was able to try each one out. I agree, the red looks great but I was over seeing the space gray/red combo!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So I'm considering picking up one of these leather cases in black for my iPhone 5. My main concern is the lightning cutout. Can someone tell me if you can see the 2 screws that flank the port? I have 2 Belkin lightning cables and I won't spend $80+ on a case/new cables. Feel free to post a picture too - I can usually tell if the cable will fit as long as the picture is clear (all the ones I've seen so far are from awkward angles and it's hard to gauge). Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone applied a leather protectant to their case? I have the red and while it was easily the best case I have ever used, the grime around the edges made it look dingy. I am not talking simply oils from my hands, but actual black grime. I am pretty careful about my phone, but all of the in-and-out of pockets, daily use, etc must have taken a toll. Now I am left with a great case that I won't use because I feel it diminishes the look of my phone. I want to get the red one again, and this time use a protectant, but only if others can attest that it has caused the case to resist grime.

Thanks!!

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone applied a leather protectant to their case? I have the red and while it was easily the best case I have ever used, the grime around the edges made it look dingy. I am not talking simply oils from my hands, but actual black grime. I am pretty careful about my phone, but all of the in-and-out of pockets, daily use, etc must have taken a toll. Now I am left with a great case that I won't use because I feel it diminishes the look of my phone. I want to get the red one again, and this time use a protectant, but only if others can attest that it has caused the case to resist grime.

Thanks!!

I'd try to clean it and see what happens. From what I've seen so far, it's going to scuff, get dirty, and worn. Even if you were to put a protectant on it, I think the constant contact with other things will scuff and break in the leather.

I'm treating it like a leather jacket- you can put all kinds of stuff on it, but it's going to get broken in. Especially since we're constantly handling the phone. The first stain, scratch, scuff ruins the look of a new leather jacket but over time it will look great broken in. That's what I'm hoping for with the leather case. Maybe it will look really cool to have that contrast of the sleek, glass front panel with a old-school, worn leather case.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I just figure it's normal for leather and I know I handle my phone all the time with sweaty hands while exercising so I'd expect it to discolor. Just adds character IMO.

Thanks Karen. I just wasn't sure if this was typical though I'd seen others talk about it. I guess getting black would reduce it but I LOVE the red.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Me, too. I love the look of the red leather case as it ages... complete with the oils and minor scuffs from daily use.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods