Official: iPhone X Pre-Order / Waiting Room

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I can attest to this. Took 4 hours, 3 phone calls, and me explaining to a rep what they needed to do. Finally got it activated. Then I had nothing but trouble reloading my apps. Took me another 2 hrs to get them all reloaded. I was a little hot for a while yesterday. But all is good since then.

I initially used my 8 to set my X up. That went really quick. Then I decided to use the encrypted backup I made the night before so I didn't have to do all my logins over. That's when I ran into trouble. It took a while to get that working properly. It honestly would've just been easier to manually login than to use the encrypted backup.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I initially used my 8 to set my X up. That went really quick. Then I decided to use the encrypted backup I made the night before so I didn't have to do all my logins over. That's when I ran into trouble. It took a while to get that working properly. It honestly would've just been easier to manually login than to use the encrypted backup.

Yes. I used an encrypted I had just made. I spend so much time logging back in I thought it would save me...ended up taking longer, and still had to log in manually to about 50% of the apps anyway.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Yes. I used an encrypted I had just made. I spend so much time logging back in I thought it would save me...ended up taking longer, and still had to log in manually to about 50% of the apps anyway.

Me too. I'm not gonna bother using the encrypted backup again. I'll just use iCloud backup and re-sign in to everything.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well I gave up on getting an iPhone X yesterday. My order from 10/27 still had the delivery window of 11/16-24/2017. So I went to the Apple Store and bought an iPhone 8+. Got it all set up and everything. I had read a thread on here about checking and if available reserving your iPhone X after 8:00 am. Well I check the local Apple store availability at 8:03 and they had 1 available. I had to pay for at the time of my order which didn't bother me. So I pickup my new iPhone X today and I will return my iPhone 8+ and get a full refund. WOOHOO!!!

The nice thing was that I was able to cancel my order for a screen film and a case I ordered at Amazon also.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Well I gave up on getting an iPhone X yesterday. My order from 10/27 still had the delivery window of 11/16-24/2017. So I went to the Apple Store and bought an iPhone 8+. Got it all set up and everything. I had read a thread on here about checking and if available reserving your iPhone X after 8:00 am. Well I check the local Apple store availability at 8:03 and they had 1 available. I had to pay for at the time of my order which didn't bother me. So I pickup my new iPhone X today and I will return my iPhone 8+ and get a full refund. WOOHOO!!!

The nice thing was that I was able to cancel my order for a screen film and a case I ordered at Amazon also.

Good for you! Congratulations!

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Just for curiosity, I checked my Apple app today and found multiple stores with availability for pick up but only the 256GB version. I suggest that you check your local stores too if you want to get a chance in getting your phone earlier than your shipping date. For those people who’s phone has been shipped, you can’t do this anymore because it’s too late to cancel your order.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Just for curiosity, I checked my Apple app today and found multiple stores with availability for pick up but only the 256GB version. I suggest that you check your local stores too if you want to get a chance in getting your phone earlier than your shipping date. For those people who’s phone has been shipped, you can’t do this anymore because it’s too late to cancel your order.

Yep, it’s 730am here in California and just purchased a silver 64gb iPhone x for store pick up at 130-2pm today . I was shocked to see wide availability in the SF Bay Area this morning this early as I thought Apple normally updates inventory availability at 8am.

Nonetheless I will be cancelling my preorder (I’m in the delivers Nov 17-24 group) once I have the phone in hand today, and will be returning my 8 plus that I bought almost two weeks ago in the interim to tide me over.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I checked in my area today and there is only one ATT model and one Sprint model available. All are available within a 3-4 hour drive though.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Me too. I'm not gonna bother using the encrypted backup again. I'll just use iCloud backup and re-sign in to everything.

I setup mine as new given that iPhone X version of iOS is a little different. Re-downloaded all my apps was kinda a pain, but it was nice to have a fresh start.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is near Southern NH, they have Verizon iPhone X’s available today.

1b37cad0ebc3189691a0fe999b01c1e9.jpg
5bfe3b8152d80b8c501ae090e25a2929.jpg
7313da5b9ef9e658e34cbcb8c5c4d6b5.jpg

NSpooner

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
We got ours about 7 pm last night. Had a little hiccup setting them up as the backup from our 7’s running beta 11.2 wouldn’t work on the X. Had to setup the X on its own, install the beta and then wipe it to then setup from the iCloud backup.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I set mine up with my 7+ which was nice didn't have to log in moved my wifi etc over. The next step is how to restore it doesn't actually restore stuff just the initial login type stuff. I had to do new to get 11.1 on it then did a restore of my secure backup. Only had to log in to a few things. Even the Google stuff that had issues last year didn't this time. Only had to completely set back up Google authenticator (use for multiple accounts including non Google stuff) and log in on the Steam app and a hiccup with syncing my Fitbit

Broodn

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Just checked my apple store app and I’m surprised to see that all my local apple stores have iPhones available for pick up...if you’re in Northern VA and want a phone this is the way to go.

I seen that to but I don’t think Apple will let me change my order to store pick up instead of home delivery.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Picked mine up at 12:30. Returned my iPhone 8+ and a case that I bought yesterday. Quite a different feel from the 8+. Less clunky and lighter. Since I have had each iPhone since the 3G it may take me a bit of time to get used to the swiping. I need to get a screen protector for the phone also. I have never liked the feel of the screen without a screen protector. I just have to wait till Power Support releases their new anti-glare protector.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Picked mine up at 12:30. Returned my iPhone 8+ and a case that I bought yesterday. Quite a different feel from the 8+. Less clunky and lighter. Since I have had each iPhone since the 3G it may take me a bit of time to get used to the swiping. I need to get a screen protector for the phone also. I have never liked the feel of the screen without a screen protector. I just have to wait till Power Support releases their new anti-glare protector.

Give yourself a day. You’ll be a pro using the new gesture after that. At least, that’s my experience. Congrats BTW in getting it. You’ll get use of the size. Been using the plus since iPhone 6 and I have gotten used to it. Looking back at my old plus phone, they look so huge to me now. LOL! I like the form factor now if the iPhone 10. It can now hold the phone comfortable in my hand. Love the Face ID too. It’s so fast than using the Touch ID.

iMark

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I am wishing I didn't bother pre-order (no delivery till 17th-24th November). People are walking into Apple shops and purchasing the iPhone X. I might have to try and do the same...

It's disappointing that they didn't use that inventory to fill pre-orders. I understand that Apple wants people in their stores, but there are people that stayed awake or set their alarms to order early.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
10bc000d1c9f010c247c82b75a60689e.heic

BAM!!! Managed to get one for in store pick up this morning around 730am. Picked up around 130pm. Cancelled my preorder one that was set to deliver around Nov 17-24.

I was told by my apple store today that the way stores are handling inventory is all shipments that come in during the day are then made available for store pick up the next day and once they run out the following day, the shipments that come in that day are then made available for the day after and so on

So for example, this morning the stores in the SF Bay Area that had bunch for instore pick up today, those sold out within 2-3 hours. But during the day today, any shipments the stores received throughout the day will be made available to pick up tomorrow instead of the stores making them available immediately like in previous years.

They said that it is helping make for a more organized smoothly run process

So for anyone that is stuck in the Order in Progress mode, try checking your local store thru apples website or app to purchase immediately and pick up same day. Just make sure to check in the early morning hours.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171105/10bc000d1c9f010c247c82b75a60689e.heic

BAM!!! Managed to get one for in store pick up this morning around 730am. Picked up around 130pm. Cancelled my preorder one that was set to deliver around Nov 17-24.

I was told by my apple store today that the way stores are handling inventory is all shipments that come in during the day are then made available for store pick up the next day and once they run out the following day, the shipments that come in that day are then made available for the day after and so on

So for example, this morning the stores in the SF Bay Area that had bunch for instore pick up today, those sold out within 2-3 hours. But during the day today, any shipments the stores received throughout the day will be made available to pick up tomorrow instead of the stores making them available immediately like in previous years.

So for anyone that is stuck in the Order in Progress mode, try checking your local store thru apples website or app to purchase immediately and pick up same day. Just make sure to check in the early morning hours.

Thanks for confirming that info. I wonder if they got shipments today lol. Checking in the morning.

Broodn

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171105/10bc000d1c9f010c247c82b75a60689e.heic

Unfortunately that won’t work for me I’ve already my upgrade for ordering it online so if I cancel it I would still have to wait 24-48 hours for my upgrade to back onto my AT&T account. I’m hopeful it will ship this coming week an maybe get it week before Apple’s date.