Official iPad Man-purse Thread

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
I'm holding out for something along the lines of the distressed, aged leather look while obviously not being designed to look like a "murse" :)

So far, nothing is looking appealing to me. Considering just getting a ScottEVest and sweating my tail off all summer long.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I just have a giant purse from H&M, comes in handy quite often.
Oh wait, you must be a gay man to use one of those.. Bahahaha.. :)

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
wow.... ^^^^^

lol. i'll stick with the most manly thing I can find that will protect my $719 investment (they didn't even give me my government discount i noticed!)

Growat

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm a big fan of "sling" bags and discovered this one at ebags.com for $39.95, free shipping, no tax. It has a side entry, foam padded, laptop compartment that says it will fit up to a 14" laptop, though reviews say it's smaller. Think it'll be ideal for my iPad with room for other necessities.

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
I'm a big fan of "sling" bags and discovered this one at ebags.com for $39.95, free shipping, no tax. It has a side entry, foam padded, laptop compartment that says it will fit up to a 14" laptop, though reviews say it's smaller. Think it'll be ideal for my iPad with room for other necessities.

Ohhh. I like that bag! I think I'll be getting a nice leather sleeve though.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I'm holding out for something along the lines of the distressed, aged leather look while obviously not being designed to look like a "murse" :)

So far, nothing is looking appealing to me. Considering just getting a ScottEVest and sweating my tail off all summer long.

I'm having a hard time finding something that fits the bill also. I kinda like the look of this Fossil bag, but I'm still exploring my options. Sadly, I have a number of bags already but nothing I like in my own arsenal. I should eBay all of them. lol.

Growat

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a hard time finding something that fits the bill also. I kinda like the look of this Fossil bag, but I'm still exploring my options. Sadly, I have a number of bags already but nothing I like in my own arsenal. I should eBay all of them. lol.

Nice find Bri.

More a case than a bag, I thought I'd put the Temple link back up in all it's distressed, leathery goodness in case Guzman is feeling wealthy. The photos don't show that it has been adjusted to give access to the ports/buttons.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Nice find Bri.

More a case than a bag, I thought I'd put the Temple link back up in all it's distressed, leathery goodness in case Guzman is feeling wealthy. The photos don't show that it has been adjusted to give access to the ports/buttons.

Also a nice case, Growat. Pricey, but very nice -- particularly if you are wanting something minimal... something to JUST carry the iPad around with you instead of a bag that makes the iPad a little less accessible.

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
Nice find Bri.

Ohhhhh!!!! :)

$189 sounds fair if its top grain leather. After all, if I were to get the SaddleBack Leather sleeve, that would be $65 shipped, plus a bag that i'd purchase for it would most likely be over $100. I'll have to keep that in my considerations :)

Thanks Growat.

(BTW, I will be accepting donations. lol)

justageek

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just a simple case is fine

Most of the cases I have seen are slippery.

When not using a strap (sometimes we do this) the neoprene and rubber and nylon slip right outta my hand (slip case - lol). Leather and canvas seems to be heaver than the ipad itself.

I'd like to see a case Having a material that:

- isn't heaver than the ipad itself

- not slipperier than the ipad

- not way larger than the ipad

- has a small pocket for my itunes virtual machine drive, cable, charger

- is in sensible colors

- Doesn't have a "steal me" logo on the side (preferable NONE)

Currently, and unhappily using
7-10" Netbook Sleeve LNEO-10

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Here's what I just bought on eBay for $50. I like these Timbuk2 bags. Sturdy and the price is right. It'll hold my MacBook and my iPad, plus my thumb drives and a few cables and stuff.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
The field engineer bag looks great and has so many pockets for other stuff! Granted, I'm not a guy, but for the price, it would be worth not messing up lots of money worth of equipment. I don't think it looks "girly". It doesn't even look like the man purse kind of thing. It looks more along the lines of messenger bag.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
nice murse there fellas

I like alot of them I would rock them for sure. I have an Incase backpack for my MBP though and now that I have my iPad I only take my laptop home on Fridays so I carry my iPad in my backpack.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien