Official iOS 7.1.2 now available

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 7.1.2 now available

7.1.2 has been solid since updating OTA. No restrings, crashes or anything. Normally, I would have restored as new by now, but since I'll be installing iOS 8 beta 3 when it drops, I'll just wait until then to do so.

I haven't restored my 5S since iOS 7.1 came out I've only done OTA updates cause I haven't had any problems so far. I will restore a new once the iOS 8 GM comes out though.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Is there a benefit to hard reset after update?

Thanks in advance
My thinking was that hard reset would clear left over "junk" from the previous OS.

I also run my battery down after a major update to re calibrate the meter.

Not sure if any of these are necessary or even helpful but since I never have problems after an update, I will probably keep doing it. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

My thinking was that hard reset would clear left over "junk" from the previous OS.

I also run my battery down after a major update to re calibrate the meter.

Not sure if any of these are necessary or even helpful but since I never have problems after an update, I will probably keep doing it. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Just didn?t work. Back on iOS 8 b2, and life is good again.

I'm glad some people are having good experiences with iOS 8 beta. 1 and 2 didn't like my phone! Or my phone didn't like it. Lol I'll see what happens with beta 3.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

My iPad Air was upgraded in the store as I was buying it so I have no idea what it would have been like without it, I'm in the process of updating my iPod Touch right now, so far so good, nothing is getting stuck.

EDIT: Perfect. No problems, no issues, no hiccups. *is happy* :D

Last edited:

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

My battery life is definitely worse since upgrading to 7.1.2.

The install didn't go entirely smoothly. I might just do a full reset, wipe the phone and try again.

vantaamike

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

My battery life is definitely worse since upgrading to 7.1.2.

The install didn't go entirely smoothly. I might just do a full reset, wipe the phone and try again.

After I upgraded to 7.1.2 I immediately noticed a huge battery drain issue. I'd never had that before on my iphone 5.
Prior to the upgrade I would surf the net for a min of 2 hrs per day, and still have 65% battery life at the end of the day.
Now, I'm lucky to have 30%. I've read that Apple is readying an update to fix the battery drain issues because this is
an issue effecting quite a bit of users. In the mean time I did a restore to a previous backup on my mac and have found
that the battery life is better, but still not like it was with 7.1.1.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore vantaamike

We are not denying that some are experiencing battery issues with the current OS but most are not. It seems to be hit or miss

Kumar Civil

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
iOS 7.1.2 has been released
View attachment 59857

This update contains bug fixes and security updates, including:
Improves iBeacon connectivity and stability
Fixes a bug with data transfer for some 3rd party accessories, including bar code scanners
Corrects an issue with data protection class of Mail attachments

Addon: iOS 7.1.2 is Jailbreakable

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmb87