Official iOS 14.5 release date?

kevb23

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
What are we thinking for the official release date for iOS 14.5? Tuesday with the press release or later in the week or following week?

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I agree with this! I'm planning on having all my devices fully charged and ready so that I can install as soon as it's released.

I’m already on the latest beta, but my #1 annoyance (actually it’s my only annoyance) with the Apple Watch is when I take it off the charger, its charge is 100 %, I leave the house, and I then get a notification that an update is available. I wish Apple would allow AW updates without being on the charger.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I wish Apple would allow AW updates without being on the charger.

I get it, but I believe that the issue is that there is no way for an end-user to recover from a failed update (because the watch shut down in the middle), unlike iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, because there is no port to allow wired connection recovery. So Apple is being extra-careful to avoid this.

Maybe instead they will develop a more modular update process that does the update is smaller chunks while the device is off-battery? Someday maybe.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods