Odd Question Regarding Ford Sync

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
I received a new iPhone Pro Max in October along with a new Apple Watch GPS and cellular.
Does anyone know if I have to pair the watch with my Ford Fusion SYNC ALSO?
It seem phone calls are not going to the sync system even though the phone is paired.

SteelSteve

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I don’t know why your calls aren’t going to the sync but you shouldn’t have to pair your watch. I have an edge with the Sync 3 and I only pair my phone not my watch

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I received a new iPhone Pro Max in October along with a new Apple Watch GPS and cellular.
Does anyone know if I have to pair the watch with my Ford Fusion SYNC ALSO?
It seem phone calls are not going to the sync system even though the phone is paired.

Your watch is not supposed to pair with a car... Your phone should :)
On the phone, have a look at the Bluetooth settings for the car. In the Device Type field, it should be set to Car Stereo and Show Notifications might need to be enabled.

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
Your watch is not supposed to pair with a car... Your phone should :)
On the phone, have a look at the Bluetooth settings for the car. In the Device Type field, it should be set to Car Stereo and Show Notifications might need to be enabled.
And I needed to change both those settings. Thank you.

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
A bit of an update-the suggestion worked for that issue. Next up, when I’m done with car play and disconnect the iPhone from the usb, the phone does not reconnect with the sync system. Only after turning off the vehicle and restarting does the phone connect.
On my12 pro max and all prior iPhones, I never had this issue.
May be a problem with ios16? I’ve tried resetting everything and adding phone fresh, but this issue doesn’t go away.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen