Odd clicking noise | MBP 2016 with Touchbar

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else noticed a very occasional clicking noise coming from your MacBook Pro 2016 13" with Touchbar (wow that is a mouthful), I thought it was something odd with my VMWare setup, however recently noticed that it was occurring when VMWare wasn't running.

Kinda sounds like when you press and release a plastic drinking bottle, but quite short.

I see that 10.12.5 had some kind of fix for popping audio, however I've had the noise occur twice this morning.

It's not that serious however somewhat annoying, hoping it's a software fix or goes away (I'd rather not swap my hardware for something so trivial).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While awaiting a reply, don't rule out a trip to the nearest Apple Store to let a genius check it out for you.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Wow, I really hate reviving an exactly one year old thread, but yep, I'm getting the occasional "pop" coming from my speakers.

2016 MBP 10.13.4

And it's coming from my MPB speakers even when I have my desktop speakers connected via either USB-C or 3.5mm audio cable. Pop is still coming from MBP speakers.

While it's never really bothered me, I was just looking over some old messages and came across this thread.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So after some quick searching, it looks like it may be a mechanical issue with the very bottom middle of the screen. I can press right in the middle bottom of the screen and reproduce the sound. No real biggie to me, I can live with it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner