Obtaining AirPods at a store?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Usually I more, 9to5 Mac and Mac Rumours have articles about best practices for getting them in stores. Does anyone have any tips?

Last night I kept checking to see if in store pick up was live and it wasn't. So I went to bed. I woke up and drove to the store and got there a few minutes before they opened.

They had ten. I was eighth in line and was told because in store pickup went live, the last three of us in line weren't getting them. Does anyone know when in store pickup goes online? Anyone know if there might be more tomorrow or was that it for the week? Shot in the dark asking here but I'm hoping maybe someone works for Apple retail and knows or has an idea of how things work. Were you able to get them in store today?

Lory Gil

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I think each store is going to be different. For example, all of the Apple retail stores within 100 miles of my house won't have them in store until Feb. 8. Apple hasn't announced when online ordering for in-store pick-up will be live. If you are trying to order them for someone before Christmas, I suggest ordering online and presenting the recipient with a print out of the order. It will save you the stress of trying to drive to an Apple Store every morning, only to be told they are sold out.

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I picked mine up at the store this morning. Used istocknow.com to track down a pair and ordered through the Apple app for in store pick up. It updates in real time when stock shows up at a store.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My store showed not available, seconds before I walked in anyway.
I guess they didn't bother updating the system because it was gonna be sold out in mere hours anyway.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I just walked into a store when they opened and asked. They had them but said they have been getting them daily in such small amounts (usually 5 pairs at a time) that they haven't bothered to update the in store status. If you live close it might be worth walking in when they open and see if they have them.

manny012977

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Is going to be base on store. In Miami area there are not available for store pick up and to order online until Feb. I got lucky to stop by the store on my lunch break and when I ask a runner, they have just got them and brought me one and someone to check me out. They are getting them shipped to stores almost every day. Until they catch up with orders, your best bet is patience and a little bit of luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods