Now that the god phone is out !!

Dahlen

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
It is definitely much snappier than the 4s. Much lighter also. Felt almost cheap at first since I hadn't expected it to be that noticeable. The additional length is nice, but not necessary for me as I rarely take the phone out of portrait. It may not be worth paying an in subsidized price as the 4s is still a VERY nice phone, but if you have an upgrade, I would use it. I added a line to my plan to get the phone and do not regret it. My only worry is having to increase my data plan as LTE is awesome.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Don't believe the hype go try one yourself at the mobile store. I haven't used one so I can't judge but every review or podcast I've seen or heard had said 3GS definitely, 4 go for it, 4s only if you desperately need LTE. Everything else I've read seems more like people trying to convince themselves that they made a wise decision eating off contract pricing for the new phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General Tso

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the 4s to the 5 and I don't think it's any different. I'm not saying its bad, I'm just saying the 4s is so good that I don't really see a difference. 4G is meaningless to me so that might be why I feel the way I do.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I still believe if a person can get the 5 get it. For myself I just cant justify the purchase because I just got the 4s in June.

I have to hang with the 4s for at least a year or year and half. So when they drop the next one I'll fell better about forking over the dough.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the 4s to the 5 and I don't think it's any different. I'm not saying its bad, I'm just saying the 4s is so good that I don't really see a difference. 4G is meaningless to me so that might be why I feel the way I do.

This is pretty much my sentiment as well. The 5 is nice. But there is nothing wrong with the 4S.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I was as big a fan of the 4S as you could find...i loved that phone (and still feel it's a great handset).

That said, the iPhone 5 is simply put, Amazing. Extraordinarily fast (both phone performance and especially data connection), the bigger screen is nicely designed and still retains the form factor i loved from before. I honestly feel it's the best phone I've ever had.

---------- Post Merged at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Don't believe the hype go try one yourself at the mobile store. I haven't used one so I can't judge but every review or podcast I've seen or heard had said 3GS definitely, 4 go for it, 4s only if you desperately need LTE. Everything else I've read seems more like people trying to convince themselves that they made a wise decision eating off contract pricing for the new phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must listen to some really idiotic podcasts and reviews...

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it really better then the 4s ? Is it a good upgrade
I haven't seen a dogfight between the two ?? Let me know people

IMO, "better" is so subjective in this context. There are specifications (specs), data and statistics that show which phone is "better." Someone that doesn't necessarily care about specs and is more interested in saving money will choose a lower cost phone because it is "better" for them.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To be honest though, the lower cost is only "better" in terms of being easier to afford, and that certainly does not distinguish the phone as a better phone.

Leaving aside data and statistics (if that is even possible)...here are the factual BETTER features on the iPhone 5:

- Better Camera
- Better Speeds (both data and performance)
- Better Screen Resolution
- Better Audio (both from handset itself and from headphones)
- Better resale value

...the other things are quite subjective, one could argue that the additional features within the phone are better, but some may not care...the things i listed above are things that anyone, regardless of opinion, would be foolish to consider as anything but better.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
True SeanHRCC. Usually the latest model is an improvement on the previous device. Whether it is better or not is determined by the buyer.

zunex

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
IMHO iPhone 5 is too big to hold for my hands, 4s would be a better option for me, plus its price is great. However, if you need a faster phone and really want to use 4G LTE, don't hesitate to get the 5.

fre12

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
If you are wanting LTE, snappier phone, different look and longer screen then the iPhone 5 is the way to go for you.

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on what you do with your phone. Me personally I'm waiting on a good deal on a mint at&t 4S, I just talk, text and email on my phone. All apps are done with my iPad (screen size).

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If you have LTE in your area that alone makes it worth the upgrade. If not, well not really. The larger screen is certainly nice and the upgraded CPU speed is a bonus but not really worth the upgrade in my mind. Pretty much everything else the 4S gets via software upgrade. All that said, I have a 4S and am buying the 5 with not LTE access. I'm a gadget nut and like having the latest toys. So really it's just up to each individual person whether the money laid out is worth what is gotten in return.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR