Notifications and Mark As Read

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Just bought my watch, and thus still getting used to it.
I've noticed that often I'll receive notifications for Email and Messages (iMessage or Text) on my iPhone 6s Plus & iPad Air II, but not on my watch.

Is there a setting of sorts, I need to check?

Also, sometimes I'd read an Email or Message on my watch. Should it mark the item as read on my iPhone and iPad?

Thanks in advance

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Just bought my watch, and thus still getting used to it.
I've noticed that often I'll receive notifications for Email and Messages (iMessage or Text) on my iPhone 6s Plus & iPad Air II, but not on my watch.

Is there a setting of sorts, I need to check?

Also, sometimes I'd read an Email or Message on my watch. Should it mark the item as read on my iPhone and iPad?

Thanks in advance

Just got my watch a week and a half ago. If you are using your iPhone or iPad at the time a message or email comes in, it will not show on your watch. And if you check a message or email on your watch, it does not mark it as read on your iPhone or iPad. I have been through it pretty thoroughly and this is my understanding.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got my watch a week and a half ago. If you are using your iPhone or iPad at the time a message or email comes in, it will not show on your watch. And if you check a message or email on your watch, it does not mark it as read on your iPhone or iPad. I have been through it pretty thoroughly and this is my understanding.

You are correct with the exception of email, I think. When I mark an email message as read or archived on the watch, the results are synced to my devices. I'm going to test it momentarily.

UPDATE: I use the Outlook app to receive email messages on my Watch and when I sent a test message to myself from one account to another, I immediately put both the iPhone and iPad Pro in sleep mode. When the email message arrived on mysterious Watch, I selected the "mark as read" option. After unlocking both the iPad Pro and iPhone, I noticed the number badge on the Mail app depicting an awaiting email message. Seconds later, the number badge disappeared denoting that the message had been read. I did NOT open the Mail app on either device.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I may have figured out the mark as read thing. If you receive an Email on your watch and use the 'dismiss' option, that seems to mark it as read.

More testing to follow...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro