Notification haptics seem to be sporadic

stltodd

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I have my watch set to have prominent haptic notification, but yet it seems more often than not, I don't get any haptic notifications. The haptic engine seems to be working fine (I launched the breathe app to see if the pulsing haptics work in a breathe session, and they did).

I suspected that maybe I was just getting numb to them, until I was staring at the watch face at the exact time a text message came in, and saw the complication change to show 1 unread message, yet no haptic notification whatsoever. My phone screen was off at the time, so it wasn't a case where the notification was presented on the phone first, which I know will keep the haptics from happening on the watch.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of situations where I do get a haptic notification as well, and I haven't been able to find any rhyme or reason for why they occur sometimes and sometimes they don't (besides situations where they showed up on the phone first).

Anyone else see this behavior? Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix it? I should note that this was a problem with my series 0 as well... it seems like some of the haptic notifications just start disappearing over time.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else see this behavior?

I have a S5. But, yes. Also going back to my S2. This happens in workouts as well, by the way. During a running workout you should get a haptic when you complete each mile. It seems I miss them half the time. However, just yesterday I was looking at the watch at 1.99 miles and watched the 2 mile notification show on the watch, and, no haptic.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix it?

Nope. I am considering trying to use with sound just to see if that is more reliable.

stltodd

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I am considering trying to use with sound just to see if that is more reliable.

I've done this same thing, and so far, it does seem to be more reliable. The other thing I've done back with my S0 was to unpair and re-pair it with my phone (annoying), but that did seem to reset everything and restart the cycle...

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've done this same thing, and so far, it does seem to be more reliable. The other thing I've done back with my S0 was to unpair and re-pair it with my phone (annoying), but that did seem to reset everything and restart the cycle...

I re-paired my S2 so many times that I have about a dozen watch sources in my Health app. I'm not going to unpair unless I know with 100% reliability that it will fix an issue.

I personally dislike my devices making sounds (I have the silent switch on my iPhone on all of the time), so I'd rather not switch the sound on. If I turn sounds on, I'll also have to re-think the notifications that I get, because the number that I get now would drive me crazy if they made a sound every time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice