• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Notification center integration of Reminders,Calenders and Notes

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
So how does it work in ios 7.0.4? Sometimes i see the reminders other times i don't,especially when setting the reminder for the day coming quite farther...I think apple must look

upon it as it is really annoying,Reminders are to remind us so they might add the option to display them forever xD like i mean it is necessary atleast

Does adding an event in calender integrates it in NC? for example if i add a meeting coming after two days,will it show it or not??

Also can notes be integrated into NC?????

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So how does it work in ios 7.0.4? Sometimes i see the reminders other times i don't,especially when setting the reminder for the day coming quite farther...I think apple must look

upon it as it is really annoying,Reminders are to remind us so they might add the option to display them forever xD like i mean it is necessary atleast

Does adding an event in calender integrates it in NC? for example if i add a meeting coming after two days,will it show it or not??

Also can notes be integrated into NC?????
Yes, calendar entries are integrated into the Notification Center, but items are NOT displayed more than a day out. At least not in my experience. I think a lot of people would like to see a scrolling list of upcoming events and reminders in the Notification Center, but only time will tell if we get anything similar.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm still hoping (pointlessly, I appreciate) for Apple to offer a 'Today' screen option on the lock screen, like I had on my old Palm TX, BlackBerry - and as found on some Android devices.

Calendar events, Reminders, Tasks, Inbox...all user set and visible at a glance and with no finger flicking involved.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm still hoping (pointlessly, I appreciate) for Apple to offer a 'Today' screen option on the lock screen, like I had on my old Palm TX, BlackBerry - and as found on some Android devices.

Calendar events, Reminders, Tasks, Inbox...all user set and visible at a glance and with no finger flicking involved.

Just pull down NC...all those items when show & your phone will still be locked. It would be a pain for those of us that don't want all the clutter on the lock screen. And before you ask, I came from Android and hated having to configure that mess to not show.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Just pull down NC...all those items when show & your phone will still be locked. It would be a pain for those of us that don't want all the clutter on the lock screen. And before you ask, I came from Android and hated having to configure that mess to not show.

But, like I said - no finger flicking involved and user-set. That is, the option to have it (and whatever info you wanted) visible, or not. Hit home button and see 'Today'. If you want.

Meanwhile, not sure what angst you had with Android, but not aware of any 'mess' I cannot turn off (or not) on a Nexus 7 (running KitKat) I use fairly regularly.
Android is, I grant you, not always the most intuitive OS, but its user-set options (or companion apps) are often more expansive than iOS. And every mobile device has an initial personalisation curve. But, after all, these are meant to be our iDevice, not some pompous design dweeb's in Cupertino.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
But, like I said - no finger flicking involved and user-set. That is, the option to have it (and whatever info you wanted) visible, or not. Hit home button and see 'Today'. If you want.

Meanwhile, not sure what angst you had with Android, but not aware of any 'mess' I cannot turn off (or not) on a Nexus 7 (running KitKat) I use fairly regularly.
Android is, I grant you, not always the most intuitive OS, but its user-set options (or companion apps) are often more expansive than iOS. And every mobile device has an initial personalisation curve. But, after all, these are meant to be our iDevice, not some pompous design dweeb's in Cupertino.

I totally understand but iOS is made to be a simple device. You can always jailbreak to allow for additional customization. I'm sure there's a tweak for what you're looking for.

BTW...I use the work mess for lots of things. But I was referring to customization options in Sense & Touchwiz. Nexus devices are excluded from that comment because they are pure Android and don't experience a lot of issues the other devices experience.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnyville01