Notes Not Syncing Between Devices

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I recently updated my iPad Pro 9.7" to the public beta of iOS 11. It's wonderful! I kept my iPhone 6s+ at the current OS release. I'm using the new version of notes on my iPad, but I'm running into a problem. All the notes & updates I make on my phone appear on my iPad as they should. But, basically everything I create on my iPad doesn't show up on my phone. I think it may have synced a few times, but for the most part it doesn't. I'm still trying to experiment to find out what things may sync both ways. I think it has synced before, but I can't seem to get it to sync at alll anymore.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts on a solution? Thanks!

Just FYI: Other apps are syncing just fine

Last edited:

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I think with the changes to notes in IOS 11 it is not being backwards compatable with lower versions of IOS currently. I did try deactivating both in iCloud and reactivating to pull down the latest info. It worked for me, but not something I would want to do all the time. I am also seeing a similar issue with iCloud tabs in Safari. The iOS 11/High Sierra device will not show their open tabs on a lower version device. But the iOS 11 device sees all my other devices tabs.

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your input. Today I opened up Notes on my iPhone & lo and behold one of my notes I made yesterday on my iPad showed up in my phone. But it appears any changes I make today don't sync over from the iPad to the phone. So, maybe after 12-24 it finally syncd one note or so. It's not reliable enough to use it. Unfortunately...I was hoping on using it regularly that way.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your input. Today I opened up Notes on my iPhone & lo and behold one of my notes I made yesterday on my iPad showed up in my phone. But it appears any changes I make today don't sync over from the iPad to the phone. So, maybe after 12-24 it finally syncd one note or so. It's not reliable enough to use it. Unfortunately...I was hoping on using it regularly that way.

Is your iPad Pro a cellular + Wi-Fi model or a Wi-Fi Only model? If it’s a cellular + Wi-Fi model, make sure that the toggle next to cellular is enabled next to ‘Notes’ in the Cellular settings. Do the same on your iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner