'Notes' how to stop shutting down and restarting at the previous note??

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
What I find really annoying, is that every time I shut down 'Notes' and restart it later on... it drops me back in the previous note.
I'd rather just start in the main menu, with all the notebooks.

• How do I do this??

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
What I find really annoying, is that every time I shut down 'Notes' and restart it later on... it drops me back in the previous note.
I'd rather just start in the main menu, with all the notebooks.

• How do I do this??

There is no setting for that on iOS.

What happens is that you’re switching apps, like going from window to window on your computer.

The best option is to force-exit when your leaving the app, by swiping from the bottom-up and then swiping the app off the screen.
It’s not an option that I would suggest, because it could lead to some data corruption.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The best option is to force-exit when your leaving the app, by swiping from the bottom-up and then swiping the app off the screen.
It’s not an option that I would suggest, because it could lead to some data corruption.

It doesn't work anyway - you are returned to an open note the next time that you launch the Notes app after you force-close it.

I assume that this behavior is intended for people who switched between an open note and other apps back and forth, such as if you are copying material from a web page to a note that is not in one big block. The only real solution that I can see is to always remember yo return to the list of notes when you are finished using the app.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Before I leave the Notes App, I go back to the Folders screen. When I reopen the app, that's what appears.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't work anyway - you are returned to an open note the next time that you launch the Notes app after you force-close it.

I assume that this behavior is intended for people who switched between an open note and other apps back and forth, such as if you are copying material from a web page to a note that is not in one big block. The only real solution that I can see is to always remember yo return to the list of notes when you are finished using the app.

When I tried it this morning, it brought me to my notes sections list. This afternoon, back to the original note. So I'm not sure what it does.

Sorry about that :(

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Hmmm, this is a good post/question. I was testing Notes at two different times today, closing it. I ended up landing on a different note on the second The rhyme or reason may be obvious but I’m not seeing it. Apple black box code using machine learning to guess your likely destination note? Or just a quirk I missed (I could easily have missed anything due to how bad my morning coffee was today.A bad cup of coffee is productivity killer for me ;-) ).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods