Not updating to iOS6, turn off the notification badge?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have decided to NOT update my iPad2 from iOS5.x to 6. Of all the "new and improved" features noted as active on this device, I care about none of them. My iPad is jailbroke, and the only untethered jailbreak for it that I'm currently aware of is RedPois0n, which has its downloads behind a "sign me up for spam" paywall. The developer of absinthe at GreenPois0n has reportedly stated that he is NOT working on a jailbreak for iOS6.

So how do I turn off the alert badging on my Settings app and the General item within it? It's not even listed as an item in the Notification Center settings.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
It can not be turned off. There is a thread about turning it off with a third party application though.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have decided to NOT update my iPad2 from iOS5.x to 6. Of all the "new and improved" features noted as active on this device, I care about none of them. My iPad is jailbroke, and the only untethered jailbreak for it that I'm currently aware of is RedPois0n, which has its downloads behind a "sign me up for spam" paywall. The developer of absinthe at GreenPois0n has reportedly stated that he is NOT working on a jailbreak for iOS6.

So how do I turn off the alert badging on my Settings app and the General item within it? It's not even listed as an item in the Notification Center settings.

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreak-apps-hacks-themes-forum/241483-get-rid-ios-update-notifier.html

Short answer: you have to jailbreak and use either No Update or noOTA badge. Take your pick.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Short answer: you have to jailbreak and use either No Update or noOTA badge. Take your pick.
Thanks. As I noted, I am jailbroke already. I just installed noOTA Update, "problem" solved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Remona94B9