Not receiving notifications

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Good morning all. Having a strange issue here.

Lately I've discovered that I'm not receiving notifications from (a) non iMessage users, and (b) services that require a text security code.

For example, I've been texting back and forth with a coworker (I'm on iOS 12.1.1 and he's on an Android device, don't know which one) and we're communicating fine, but if I lock my phone (7 Plus) and he sends me a text, while I do receive the message, I get no notification from either my phone or watch that I've received the message. And the same holds true for services that I have 2FA enabled for that send me a code when I log into their sites. When I log into my cellular account website, I have it set up to text me a security code. I get the code, but I get no notification on any devices. All notification settings (to my knowledge) are enabled.

Unfortunately I can't say for sure when it started, before 12.1.1 or not.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Good morning all. Having a strange issue here.

Lately I've discovered that I'm not receiving notifications from (a) non iMessage users, and (b) services that require a text security code.

For example, I've been texting back and forth with a coworker (I'm on iOS 12.1.1 and he's on an Android device, don't know which one) and we're communicating fine, but if I lock my phone (7 Plus) and he sends me a text, while I do receive the message, I get no notification from either my phone or watch that I've received the message. And the same holds true for services that I have 2FA enabled for that send me a code when I log into their sites. When I log into my cellular account website, I have it set up to text me a security code. I get the code, but I get no notification on any devices. All notification settings (to my knowledge) are enabled.

Unfortunately I can't say for sure when it started, before 12.1.1 or not.

This same thing is happening to me since the update.... Lovely

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven’t had any issues, that I’ve noticed. My notifications seem to be coming through just fine on both my iPhones & my watch.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Everything's working fine thus far with the exception of notifications from non-iOS users and companies that use SMS codes for authentication. Sometimes I get the notification and sometimes I don't. But I always get the message.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Everything's working fine thus far with the exception of notifications from non-iOS users and companies that use SMS codes for authentication. Sometimes I get the notification and sometimes I don't. But I always get the message.

I'm just not getting email notifications and I've tried to reset, etc...I should say I get the badge but not banner,etc

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I'm wondering if it's an intermittent issue on the watch. What I might try is to temporarily turn off notifications for messages on the watch (Watch app, Notifications / Messages, tap "Custom", turn "Notifications" off) and see if they come ok to the iPhone.

If that's not it, I might think about deleting the messages threads (swipe left in the list of message threads and hit "Delete") where you are having issues and see if that fixes it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2