not receiving notifications for VmWare Boxer app email

James Trent

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the VmWare Boxer app for email and calendar for work with Exchange in a BYOD setup that was designed by work. I have an iPhone X. I'm not getting real-time notifications of email in the app, and sometimes I get no notification at all, other times it's 5-10 minutes delayed. Work IT seems to think it's just me, or just my iPhone X. We've reviewed all of the app and phone settings. They're un-enrolled and enrolled me several times, which results in deleting the app, and Air Watch and installing them again. Background refresh is on. Etc. Yesterday IT at work told me that since i almost always backup and restore when I get a new phone that I may have something corrupt in my phone. They said this because I mentioned that for some apps, like Instagram, that I was having issues with notifications clearing when I went into the app. Now this has been happening for a long time for me with IG. And it recently started to sometimes happen with FB. I have deleted those apps and re-installed them, even after shutting down my phone between and they still behave in the same way.

Is it a problem with my phone? Should I reset my phone to factory settings and manually setup my settings, contacts, apps, signon, etc? Or this that only going to be lost hours of my time? Anyone else use Boxer for work email with Exchange on a X and having these issues?

thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
More than likely the problem lies with the app. Perusing the App Store reviews, numerous people are complaining about notifications. With that being said, I recommend you contact the app’s developer(s) for a remedy.

jpiszcz

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the VmWare Boxer app for email and calendar for work with Exchange in a BYOD setup that was designed by work. I have an iPhone X. I'm not getting real-time notifications of email in the app, and sometimes I get no notification at all, other times it's 5-10 minutes delayed. Work IT seems to think it's just me, or just my iPhone X. We've reviewed all of the app and phone settings. They're un-enrolled and enrolled me several times, which results in deleting the app, and Air Watch and installing them again. Background refresh is on. Etc. Yesterday IT at work told me that since i almost always backup and restore when I get a new phone that I may have something corrupt in my phone. They said this because I mentioned that for some apps, like Instagram, that I was having issues with notifications clearing when I went into the app. Now this has been happening for a long time for me with IG. And it recently started to sometimes happen with FB. I have deleted those apps and re-installed them, even after shutting down my phone between and they still behave in the same way.

Is it a problem with my phone? Should I reset my phone to factory settings and manually setup my settings, contacts, apps, signon, etc? Or this that only going to be lost hours of my time? Anyone else use Boxer for work email with Exchange on a X and having these issues?

thanks

I see the same issues on my iPhone 8 Plus using the same app. No resolution as of yet.

AMIIGAF13

May 11, 2018
Visit site
I landed on this forum as I am having the same issues with Boxer, which our IT department recently installed as a replacement for MobileIron. Notifications are spotty or nothing at all, like you I have uninstalled/reinstalled/reregistered numerous times. I had an IPhone 6, just replaced it with an IPhone 7 and have identical issues. Some colleagues I've asked say they have no issues, however our IT department stated that notification problems were a "known issue with IOS devices" and that they were working with the developer. Frustrating to say the least to have to open the app to allow it to update and see if there are unread emails. The bigger question for me is why a rudimentary check of the app store reviews that indicated there are problems with this app wasn't done before rolling it out.......if I hear of a fix, I will update.

Bob Diamond1

Mar 15, 2019
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my work supplied iPhone 7. I have Mail Notifications turned on, Notifications set to Immediate and a sound selected. But I never get any notifications. Not even delayed notifications. IT tells me the more you use the app it will eventually start to send notifications. But I use the app multiple times every day and after 2 months still no notifications.