Not getting any data services on AT&T GoPhone

The_Dark_Passenger

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

My iPhone 6 Plus just arrived the other day, yay! :D However, I am not able to get any data services with my AT&T GoPhone plan that was working fine on my iPhone 5s. I swapped the SIM card out to my new iPhone 6 Plus, and all it says is AT&T and 4G in the top left of the screen; however if I try to do anything, my iPhone says I do not have a cellular data subscription, although I know I do, as I am on the $60 monthly plan. So, I tried calling AT&T and spoke with a representative for about and hour and a half, and we tried this https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6546302; however it didn't work at all, nothing changed. The representative did submit a ticket to their engineer type people and said I'll get a call back in 5 days. 5 days! I have to go a week now without cellular data services it looks like :(. Calling and texting work at least, and wifi does work fine.

I'm wondering though, has anyone else come across this issue and actually fixed it other than using the steps above?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you setup your new iPhone from a backup made with your previous iPhone? If so, go to Settings - General - Reset and then select, "Erase All Contents and Settings". After the process ahas finished, set up the device as NEW and not from a backup. [WARN]The above process will erase ALL of your data, music, photos, apps, etcetera from your device! If you don't have a backup of your current data, DO NOT PROCEED.
[/WARN]

Having said that, if it were me, I would try tolerate the inconvenience of restoring as new as opposed to waiting almost a week for a phone call from AT&T and not having cellular service during that time, and possibly beyond, but that's Just Me, D...:)

April M1

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
yes, I had to get a gophone to wait for my iPhone to come in since I was switching to ATT from Verizon and I am currently having the same issue!! I am using an iPhone 5

The_Dark_Passenger

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, AT&T to this day still hasn't fixed the issue. So, I said screw it and switched to T-Mobile lol. It's working faster then AT&T has ever been actually.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro