Not Eligible?

Narcisse2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
HI and thanks very much in advance for your help. If this is in the wrong section, I apologize.

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS running iOS version 4.3.3.

I want to update my firmware to 5.1.1 ideally but I wouldn't mind an earlier version as long as it's 5.x.x.

This is not the first time I jailbreak a device, but this time I encountered some obstacles since my Sleep/Wake button is broken.

I wonder where it went wrong.

Here are the steps I've taken:

1- I've downloaded the original 5.1.1 firmware from getios.com
2- I've created a custom ipsw with redsnow to preserve baseband
3- I've created a DFU ipsw with redsnow in order to enter DFU mode. I've used the original 5.1.1 firmware from getios (from what I understood, any firmware would do, this step is just to enter into DFU mode, but maybe that's where I screwed up)
4- I've pressed alt+restore in itunes and loaded the DFU ipsw.

At that point, my iPhone's screen turns black, then there is an image of a USB cable, then the apple logo comes back on, then I get a message saying "Not Eligible for Rebuild", and then my phone starts up normally (at least it didn't break the phone!)

Could anyone explain to me what I did wrong? Please bear in mind that I am not really technically-inclined, this is probably the most complicated tech thing I've done haha.

Again, thanks a lot!

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Before Step 4, did you enter pwned DFU? It's an option in the extras in redsn0w. Not sure if it will solve the problem, but it's worth a shot.

Also, are you certain that Cydia has your SHSH blobs on file? Just check the top bar in Cydia's home page. You can restore to all versions listed there.

Narcisse2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your quick response.

No I didn't enter Pwned DFU, but I thought that's what the DFU ipsw was for. Since I can't manually enter Pwned DFU (lock button is broken), I thought I just had to load the DFU ipsw in itunes (alt+restore) and that would force the device to enter DFU mode. How can I use Pwned DFU if my lock button does not work? Am I missing something?

Also, my Cydia home shows this: SHSH: iOS 4.0., 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1, 4.2.1r1, 4.3, 4.3.3, 5.0.1, 5.1.1.....So I guess Cydia has my SHSH blobs on file. This means I should be able to restore 5.1.1?

Thanks again!

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
DFU is just a restore state. You go to pwned DFU when you let redsn0w (in your case) insert some exploits.
Anyways, try going to the Extras section in redsn0w and choose pwned DFU (after you've completed step 3) and report back if I worked.

Narcisse2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have retried the four steps above, and I got a different result this time:

Now my iPhone is in recovery mode and there's an USB cable showing on a black screen and iTunes shows the option to Restore.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW