Not charging

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I took my phone off the charger this morning just now and it has not been charging all night on my Mophie MagSafe (still at 45% though). It keeps showing the animated green circle. I have never had that problem before. My watched charged just fine. They are both on the latest 16.2

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
it seems to be working fine with one of my anker after I reset it. Do you think it’s my mophie charger even though it’s showing my green circle or do you think there was some glitch.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
it seems to be working fine with one of my anker after I reset it. Do you think it’s my mophie charger even though it’s showing my green circle or do you think there was some glitch.

What sort of Mophie charger do you refer to? I've never used Mophie products.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If it works with your anker but not with mophie then you have your answer

Last edited:

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
If it works with your anker but not with mophie then you have your answer

This.
Go through the layer 1 troubleshooting steps. Try it on a different charger. If it works on the different charger then it’s very likely the original charger. Take it from there:
- if you have a case, take off the case. Does the original charger now work?
- Make sure the original charger MagSafe is clean.
- try it in a different outlet.
- if it has a changeable power cord, try a new cord or brick.
Hopefully it’s one of them that is easier to replace than the whole device. .

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I suspect a bug fix coming for something v 16.x, iPhone 14 or wireless charging.

A problem I've had repeat was handled with extra steps by Apple support. In the few times it happened since 16.1 I've been sent to store appointment, had a support callback from a particular team, and that person asked that I submit my case to a feedback site.

My circumstances are a phone that passes diagnostics, and freeze/crash before being fully charged on an Apple brand MagSafe charger. Apple support is always reserved and won't say anything but disable the battery save charging mode or use a wired connection for now.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I suspect a bug fix coming for something v 16.x, iPhone 14 or wireless charging.

A problem I've had repeat was handled with extra steps by Apple support. In the few times it happened since 16.1 I've been sent to store appointment, had a support callback from a particular team, and that person asked that I submit my case to a feedback site.

My circumstances are a phone that passes diagnostics, and freeze/crash before being fully charged on an Apple brand MagSafe charger. Apple support is always reserved and won't say anything but disable the battery save charging mode or use a wired connection for now.

how do you disable the battery save

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh, I just didn’t know what that was called by how you were saying it, but now I know. for some reason it worked last night by putting it on the dock so I don’t know if resetting it like someone mentioned earlier helped or what

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
. honestly, I don’t know. I think I’ve just collected them over the years before apple decided not to put them in the box anymore.

It’s impressive and conveniently located. Mine are in a box in the closet all mixed in with cables (many lightning cables). Definitely not conveniently located for me :) — but I’m MagSafe/wireless charging everything I can. I’ve come to hate the physical wire plug-in and look forward to everything being MagSafe/wireless. Definitely like my belkin 3-1 stand.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh