Noob question about iOS update.

Kabar74

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Coming from android bought my 1 st Iphone a week ago,....I have a question after I do the iOS update will I lose games progress/timers/notes etc?
Thank you.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
only if you chose to set the phone up as new following the update... the process to update the iOS includes backing up things like app data an also gives you the chance to restore from an update or set up as new, so the choice is yours.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The best way to guarantee your update and backup restore goes good. Plug it into to your PC click transfer purchases from your phone. Then click backup, then sync and then backup once more and yer good to go.

Once you update you can just choose to restore from back up and everything will be back as you had it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What mean ''an over the air update''?

It means being able to update your device without having to connect your device to your computer and using iTunes. You could update Wi-Fi or cellular data.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
To access an OTA Over The Air update on your iPhone goto Settings / General / Software Update and you can do an update without plugging into your PC. Best to be plugged into your power source and using WiFi :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
como actualizo mi iphone de donde puedo bajar el software

If you have an iPhone with at least iOS 5 installed, then on your iPhone, go to Settings-General-Software Update. Alternatively, you can connect your iPhone to your computer, start the computer's iTunes app and when it detects your iPhone, you will be alerted to an available update. Follow the prompts to update.

or

Si tienes un iPhone con un m?nimo de iOS 5 instalado, en tu iPhone, vaya a Configuraci?n General-Software Update. Alternativamente, usted puede conectar su iPhone a su ordenador, inicie la aplicaci?n iTunes del ordenador y cuando detecta el iPhone, se le avisar? a una actualizaci?n disponible. Siga las instrucciones para actualizar.

Kabar74

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
and with ''over the air update''' I dont have to make a backup....wont lose anything? ..sorry I asking again ....just wanna be sure 100% :)

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
and with ''over the air update''' I dont have to make a backup....wont lose anything? ..sorry I asking again ....just wanna be sure 100% :)

right before i do an update, i backup to icloud. only takes a few minutes depending how big your backup is.