non OEM batteries for iphone 6s

mariusmelinskas

Dec 31, 2018
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Apologies in advance if this question has been discussed already, but could not find it.

I would like people to comment on the non OEM batteries that are out there in the market, like: Egtech, LeeVee and other alike.

trying to do some research before buying the replacement for my daughters iphone 6s. Unfortunatelly the circumstance dictated that I have missed the £25 replacement program with apple, as today is the last day.

What I am looking for is: do they damage the device (like some websites state), do they get hotter than OEM batteries?

So the comments will be greatly appreciated.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
IMHO, I would not use any third party parts for an iPhone. You have no idea what damage it could cause then instead of $79 for a battery you will be paying hundreds for a new device.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I agree with bamf-hacker. The cost starting tomorrow from Apple will be £45 for the 6s battery replacement, so £20 more than it was until today. And Apple will replace the device if it is damaged when they attempt the battery replacement.

(I have replaced a battery once with an OEM battery in an iPhone 5 that was kept as a spare device, but I regret doing it myself; I ended up damaging a part of the edge of the display.)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Apologies in advance if this question has been discussed already, but could not find it.

I would like people to comment on the non OEM batteries that are out there in the market, like: Egtech, LeeVee and other alike.

trying to do some research before buying the replacement for my daughters iphone 6s. Unfortunatelly the circumstance dictated that I have missed the £25 replacement program with apple, as today is the last day.

What I am looking for is: do they damage the device (like some websites state), do they get hotter than OEM batteries?

So the comments will be greatly appreciated.

You can still get the battery exchanged via Apple after today, but it’ll cost you an additional $20. If it were me, I’d pay the extra $20 knowing that I’d be getting a battery designed for the device and one that Apple will guarantee.

*Through December 31, 2018, the out-of-warranty battery service fee is $29 for all eligible iPhone 6 or later models. Battery service at $29 may be limited to one repair per iPhone. After December 31, 2018, the fee will change to $49 for all these products except iPhone X, which will change to $69.

Source: https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-power

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
You can still get the battery exchanged via Apple after today, but it’ll cost you an additional $20. If it were me, I’d pay the extra $20 knowing that I’d be getting a battery designed for the device and one that Apple will guarantee.

*Through December 31, 2018, the out-of-warranty battery service fee is $29 for all eligible iPhone 6 or later models. Battery service at $29 may be limited to one repair per iPhone. After December 31, 2018, the fee will change to $49 for all these products except iPhone X, which will change to $69.

Source: https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-power

And for people in the UK: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone/repair/battery-power

[FONT=&quot]After December 31, 2018, the fee will change to £45 for all these products except iPhone X, which will change to £65.
[/FONT]

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73