No lightning on the MacBook Pro

xXAzhengXx

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Yep, this is perfectly normal and you will have to get a different pair of earphones to use on the MacBook Pro. Yes this is annoying, but I believe in you! :)

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Furthermore there is thunderbolt 3/usb c on the new MacBooks which can also do audio. I highly doubt you will see lightning on the macbook even if they remove the headphone jack. I can see them bundling lightning to usb c cables with all future iOS device releases .

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
MacBook Pro was supposed to ship 3 months before iPhone 7. Audio port on MacBook Pro is for djays and other audio pros.

Wow really? i didn't know that. (regarding the release date)
Was the reason for the delay because of the Touch Bar?

i think the USB_C connector is awesome and we will look back in a year or two and say thank you Apple. :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow really? i didn't know that. (regarding the release date)
Was the reason for the delay because of the Touch Bar?

i think the USB_C connector is awesome and we will look back in a year or two and say thank you Apple. :)

It's hard to say what caused the delay although it's usually because something within its supply chain was ready for production yet.

Rod Sprague

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
As for earphone access don't forget the new cordless EarPods and they will work on all devices. No more messy cables and there are plenty of other Bluetooth alternatives so other than audio components an earphone jack maybe fast becoming redundant.

vectro73

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Actually I think Apple just can't decide which way is better. From the one hand they are telling us about standards, from the other - can't choose which standard is better through all their devices. There was no point at all to cut all the ports from MacBook Pro series, so the same it was with headphone jack and iPhone. I think the only reason for this inconsistence is a maniacal wish of getting more money from their users. If negative response from people is huge enough (and it is), we will see some steps to consistence in next generations of these products.

Nomatiti

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Every time apple announces a new product people complain about something even some very small and easily solveable problem. So I don't think that apple's sales will see anything. Even though media and people come up with usually some small problem for most of us it isn't a problem that stops them buying it

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I think that the main problem is that Apple has lost its way.... too many departments doing too many things. Mr Jobs had tighter control, and more people were scared of losing their employment to let this happen before.

Nomatiti

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Every time apple announces a new product people complain about something even some very small and easily solveable problem. So I don't think that apple's sales will see anything. Even though media and people come up with usually some small problem for most of us it isn't a problem that stops them buying it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddearman0113