No home button?

JaneGL

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to have to sell my 6s+ as soon as it comes out if that happens! My least favorite thing about the iPhone is the physical home button, I'd much rather fully navigate the phone using the screen like most Android phones do.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't see a problem with having a home button, but to each his or her own, I suppose.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm rather fond of the home button, especially because it houses the Touch ID sensor, which is huge. We will see what Apple has up its sleeves though. Touch ID is deeply integrated into the iOS ecosystem so it definitely isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

JaneGL

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm rather fond of the home button, especially because it houses the Touch ID sensor, which is huge. We will see what Apple has up its sleeves though. Touch ID is deeply integrated into the iOS ecosystem so it definitely isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

the rumors say touchID will stay, they'll just move it to the edge

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
the rumors say touchID will stay, they'll just move it to the edge

We will see soon enough. In my experience a few rumors pan out while the majority never materialize. I would be okay with a smaller bezel but I like my home button!

JaneGL

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
We will see soon enough. In my experience a few rumors pan out while the majority never materialize. I would be okay with a smaller bezel but I like my home button!

True but I've read that Ming-Chi Kuo has had a proven track record at successfully forecasting upcoming iPhone features and he's one of the ones making this claim

Dan Lages

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
The idea of a screen-based home button is interesting, it will be interesting to see if gestures will be utilised as a replacement.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

That's pretty much the same as me.

I'm not sure they will get rid of the round home button as that's the iconic thing about an iPhone. If you look at cartoons when someone has a cellphone, you can tell it's an iPhone if they put a round button on the face at the bottom middle. Personally, I think Apple would be mad to lose this fundamental design cue that most people recognise.

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I never use the shortcuts for opening camera or app from the homescreen due to having to use touchid afterwards anyway. Make the screen or the lower part of t anyway for touchid. So we can swipe and authenticate at the same time..