Nintendo Switch Launch Titles!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Nintendo says 80 titles are coming to the Switch, at least, they're in development as we speak. Some will remain in development after launch, others will be ready for launch on March 3. Below is the shortlist of games we KNOW will be ready for launch:

• 1-2-Switch
  • Arms
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Skylanders Imaginators
  • Has Been Heroes
  • Redout
  • Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
  • Just Dance 2017
You can read more about launch titles and other titles in development right here (thanks Joe!)

What games do YOU want to see on the Nintendo Switch?

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I really want a new Advance Wars. Everyone keeps telling me that Fire Emblem is basically the same game with a different skin but that's not the same! I like Advance Wars for the theme, characters and the music among other things.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
That'd be cool. Any others?

I'm more of a retro gaming kinda guy (well, usually). Would love to see more retro titles pop up for the old school folks like me :)

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
How about a Starfox game that's not mediocre and a proper Metroid title.

I'll second that on wanting to see them bring out a *proper* Metroid game. Many of the games from the Metrod series were excellent (except maybe the 3DS version, which was kind of a disappointment). For me, the "Metroid Prime Trilogy" and "Metroid: Other M" on the Wii were probably the most enjoyable in terms of gameplay and story are concerned. However, I did feel that the Wii Remotes as a controller really made this feel more awkward to play than it should. So I would really love to see them bring out a version that gives you the option of being able to play the whole game via the GamePad instead of motion controls. (Kinda like what they did when they remade Zelda Twilight Princess on the WiiU!). This not only proved it was possible, but actually made the game a million times better in my opinion!

In the same way, I also hope they bring out a version of "Zelda Skyward Sword" (which had the same issue of the controls really letting it down, but other than that was a wonderful game). So ZELDA - Skyward Sword HD is definitely top of my list for any Zelda remakes they do in between major releases. (and is an obvious choice when you think about it)

For brand new games though that have been rumored, but not yet officially announced, top of my list would probably be
BAYONETTA 3
(Bayonetta 1 & 2 were AMAZNG!! So the thought of a sequel to that coming out makes me literally mindgasm!!)

Another game that I have so far never played (but hear so many good things about) are the DARK SOULS series! (I only buy Nintendo Consoles though, as there aren't enough games that are my style on XBOX or PlayStation these days. (So I'll unfortunately never get to play this if it doesn't ever come out on a Nintendo Console). But I would definitely buy this game if it ever came out on the Switch! Everything I've seen about this game so far looks alot of fun!

Am sure there are plenty of others that I've missed out, but will keep posting on here as more ideas come to me! ;)

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Although the original Metroid formula was indeed an awesome one, Prime was so darn amazing that I still remember the goosebumps I had when playing it in college. Hope they bring another out like that.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I can still remember playing the original Metroid for the first time. Never finished that game, but man, was there ever a creepy/awesome vibe to that game. Think I'll give it a spin later on tonight.

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
@Greek Geek - oh man, I can feel your enthusiasm from that post!! So good!

lol. My bad! (Yeah, I'm quite hyped about the Switch release, so I kinda feel like a 5 year old waiting for xmas!) -I guess it shows in the way I write! (either that or you meant the bayonetta mindgasm comment!) ...guilty as charged on both counts!! **grins** :)

On a more serious note, I did think of another really great game series that I'd like to see on the Switch too. So as promised, I will add to this to be very high up on my wish list...

Darksiders 3
This one is probaby more of a wish than something that would likely be a reality (reason being is the original makers of this game went out of business, so don't exist anymore). Darksiders 2 on WIiU was a port of the original, but it was really good!
(...freaking epic in my opinion!). Darksiders 1 will also be brought to WiiU in December, so it is possible that they may be thinking of bringing this great game series back as a revival. (I may just be wishing here, but I really really hope so!)

It had alot of things I liked about it, and while the character and story are completely different, it had brought elements of things I loved about Zelda games to it (for example, things like massive dungeons, puzzles to solve, plus a whole tonne of sidequests, and collectibles, etc.) But not in the sense of being a zelda rip off. The two games are completely different, and are both great games in their own right. So I meant this simply in the sense of there being certain gameplay elements that used some of my favorite features in a zelda game, which enhanced how much fun this game was. (But that's where the similarities end). This game though, has much more of a dark theme, with a death-like grim reaper character as the protagonist. The story was excellent, and the characters in the game were really well done, each with their own well thought out charismatic persona. Graphically it was all so beautifully done too (it was sort of a very realistic feeling multi-directional 3D) -But although I say real, I don't mean it in a boring mundane real life sort of way, I mean it in more of the sense that you really feel like you're there, but the style was more done in a surreal and mystical way). This really made you really feel part of the whole story, and the whole way through it was fun and adventurous! There were a whole tonne of different weapons and skills to upgrade throughout (which you could sort of merge and fuse together to give them an unlimited combination of different skills, powers, and strengths). There were also lots of cool fighting moves you could acquire and develop throughout the whole game, along with a whole bunch of magic spells you could learn that gave you special moves and abilities. No two playthroughs of the game would ever be the same twice, due to the infinite combinations of how you could upgrade all these things. It's also one of those games that once you start playing, it's kinda hard to put down. So do expect to be playing it for hours on end.

I do feel it's a shame though that the original makers of this game are no longer in existence. So it's hard to say what it would be like if Nintendo or anyone else tried to do a remake of it for the sequel. But considering that's kinda what they did with Bayonetta 2 (as that wasn't originally a Nintendo game either before it came out on WiiU, but they collaborated with Sega to do it, and I feel they made an excellent job of it!) So I know they are capable of making great game sequels, so I do think Darksiders 3 would have great potential, and I'd love to seem them take this one on as a project for the Switch!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely love your passion.

For your sake I hope Darksiders 3 happens :)

Are you into sports games at all? (I seem to gravitate to them)... any retro/old titles you'd love to see? I have an NES Classic and loaded up 'ice hockey' and 'double dribble' on it the other day. So retro. So cool. So much fun. D pad and an A and B button are all I need.

:)

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Although the original Metroid formula was indeed an awesome one, Prime was so darn amazing that I still remember the goosebumps I had when playing it in college. Hope they bring another out like that.
Yeah it would nice to see it as a totally new one made (one tha is based on the winning signature formula of Prime, but is a new game in its entirety, rather than just a port of the original trilogy). What I mean is, I would like it to use all the great elements that the Prime series had as the basis for its formula, and continue using that as a staple. (obviously not the sucky controls, as the wii controls were awful). But to be more specific, the first person element where it's you as samus looking through the visor of the helmet. With all the really ambient looking worlds, exciting boss fights, and scary looking enemies, with all the fun Metroid style weapon upgrades that we'd expect a Metroid game to have. (though new additional weapons would be fun too). Even the music in Prime was really well done, in a sense that while semi-subtle, was really catchy, ambiescent, and sort of eery at the same time. Plus they did a really good job of changing how the music played when enemies appear, which added an element of suspense, and really made you feel the sense of where the danger was. So I'd like to see all new metroid games continue this formula, and treat that as its signature from now on. (I have absolutely no problem with then trying new things, but it helps not veer too much from what works well, and think of the new stuff as being things that are added to the winning formula, rather than being things that replace it. (as Federation Force proved, veering too far away form what people love about a game series can really spoil it).

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Absolutely love your passion.

For your sake I hope Darksiders 3 happens :)

Are you into sports games at all? (I seem to gravitate to them)... any retro/old titles you'd love to see? I have an NES Classic and loaded up 'ice hockey' and 'double dribble' on it the other day. So retro. So cool. So much fun. D pad and an A and B button are all I need.

:)
Thanks man, Though I'm probably the wrong person to ask when it comes to sports games, (I'm more into the types of games that give you a sense of escapism, if you get what I mean!) But for Retro Titles, there will always be the classics. I'd like to see Tetris done that had the proper GameBoy music. (both the Game A and Game B tunes the GameBoy version had were what made that game so much fun, and I think are what most people consider to be the proper Tetris music). They made quite a few editions later, and while the game itself was basically the same, with a bunch of new play modes etc, that music not being there just never felt the same. So this was the one crucial element that they got wrong. But if they ever brought that exact music back, you know there would be so many people queuing up to play it, so would be absolutely perfect as a nostalgia game!

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a Switch at some point, but I really want to see what other titles they'll be bringing out in the near future before pulling the trigger on one.

ceyvn

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
The list of launch and in development games is pretty short. Is there any game that isn't a sequel or a remake in the pipeline?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR