Next generation iPhone release date is in Oct. - will you upgrade?

Will you upgrade?

• Yes

Votes: 116 63.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 43 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Only way that will happen is if it has lte because all of verizon's 3g can't talk and surf at the same time.

If Verizon doesn't have LTE in your area yet, you still won't be able to Talk and Surf at the same time anyway. Verizon doesn't even have good 3G coverage in my area so I know their LTE network isn't coming here any time soon.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
If Verizon doesn't have LTE in your area yet, you still won't be able to Talk and Surf at the same time anyway. Verizon doesn't even have good 3G coverage in my area so I know their LTE network isn't coming here any time soon.

I hear there is good LTE in NY, so I should be covered. Hope it works well

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

The thunderbolt can do voice over data on 3g.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
looks like im covered

You could be covered . I don't go by Verizon's maps as they are wrong. They have me listed as being in a good EVDO area, yet every time I test them out my phone will typically only show one or two 1X bars.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You could be covered . I don't go by Verizon's maps as they are wrong. They have me listed as being in a good EVDO area, yet every time I test them out my phone will typically only show one or two 1X bars.

You live in Philly and only get EVDO? You must live out in the boonies if you don't have good service since Philly is pretty well covered not to mention has lte.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You live in Philly and only get EVDO? You must live out in the boonies if you don't have good service since Philly is pretty well covered not to mention has lte.

I live in the Suburbs of Philly. ;) A guy who I work has the HTC Thunderbolt and told me LTE is not reliable where he lives. It is always cutting in and out. I ran a speed test here at work between both of our phones and my iPhone 4 was just a little faster. He wasn't getting LTE during my testing.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I live in the Suburbs of Philly. ;) A guy who I work has the HTC Thunderbolt and told me LTE is not reliable where he lives. It is always cutting in and out. I ran a speed test here at work between both of our phones and my iPhone 4 was just a little faster. He wasn't getting LTE during my testing.

That's what I figured you lived in suburbs and yeah lte is weird in philly for some reason.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That's what I figured you lived in suburbs and yeah lte is weird in philly for some reason.

Not just Philly. There are other areas as well from what I have read on the Verizon customer help forums. However, LTE is still new, therefore I don't expect it to be running at it's optimal performance level yet. I know AT&T is going to run into much of the same when their LTE network is up and running.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
pre-order

IF pre-order is indeed Sept 30th, i believe i will have to take that day off of work or possibly go in later pending on how quick it goes

just wondering; does that make me even more of a fanboy? :confused: :D

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
IF pre-order is indeed Sept 30th, i believe i will have to take that day off of work or possibly go in later pending on how quick it goes

just wondering; does that make me even more of a fanboy? :confused: :D

Well last year I was up at 2:30 am to pre-order and didn't get mine in until 5 or so. By 10 am I'm almost positive you did not get your phone on day one. So the earlier the better.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I don't need to know anything about the iPhone 5, I'm getting it :D

I've come to the realization the for me to upgrade I'd really like a bigger screen and I don't think it's very likely to happen. And at the end of the day no matter what happens I'd probably break down and get it anyways. :p

Probably? You will. You always do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro