Next generation iPhone release date is in Oct. - will you upgrade?

Will you upgrade?

• Yes

Votes: 116 63.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 43 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I will only if AT&T will allow me. Does anybody know if AT&T will allow an upgrade if we only got the ip4 last year? just asking because of that 2 year warranty contract. Thanks!

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade eligibility date is February 25th, 2012. I love my iPhone 4 and I'm sure it'll last way beyond then. I'll still probably upgrade, though. I think from October to February is enough time to get the kinks worked out of the 5.

I waited until late September of '10 to get my iPhone 4, and to date, I haven't had any early iPhone 4 user issues (signal loss, yellow screen spots, proximity sensor, etc.).

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I will only if AT&T will allow me. Does anybody know if AT&T will allow an upgrade if we only got the ip4 last year? just asking because of that 2 year warranty contract. Thanks!

While they haven't announced it yet, it is likely that AT&T will allow early upgrades. If you've had your current iPhone for a year you'll either get a full subsidy or a partial. Still better than the full retail price, though.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is bumping up the early upgrade price to $50.00. I'd say no. I'm sure my iPhone 4 can stick it through another year or so. Hopefully they don't mess up the cycle and release the next iPhone so late again. I got mine in June so if they pull the same stunt, then I'd have to wait in temptation of either buying the (then) old iPhone 5 or another smartphone like android or, may God forbid, a Blackberry.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is bumping up the early upgrade price to $50.00. I'd say no. I'm sure my iPhone 4 can stick it through another year or so. Hopefully they don't mess up the cycle and release the next iPhone so late again. I got mine in June so if they pull the same stunt, then I'd have to wait in temptation of either buying the (then) old iPhone 5 or another smartphone like android or, may God forbid, a Blackberry.

Do you mean June 2010? If so, might qualify for a full discount.

---

Axeva

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow. This is frustrating. I've held off on upgrading my iPhone 3GS until the iPhone 5 comes out, and it just happens to be the first iPhone that's been delayed.

I had my fingers crossed for a September release, but not it seems like October is what all the "leaks" are agreed upon.

Drat!

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Wow. This is frustrating. I've held off on upgrading my iPhone 3GS until the iPhone 5 comes out, and it just happens to be the first iPhone that's been delayed.

I had my fingers crossed for a September release, but not it seems like October is what all the "leaks" are agreed upon.

Drat!

Haha that kinda stinks... But hang in there cause based on all of the rumors I've been hearing, it'll be worth it!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Drat!

It could be apple is moving to a sept/Oct launch for future iphones.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
While they haven't announced it yet, it is likely that AT&T will allow early upgrades. If you've had your current iPhone for a year you'll either get a full subsidy or a partial. Still better than the full retail price, though.

---

Hopefully! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait. Have had all but the iPhone 2, on the first day so I assume that this time around will be no different. I am certainly interested in the specs and have no complaints against my 4, but time for a new techie fix. I can't imagine Apple producing anything that I just don't want.

Bring it on!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've come to the realization the for me to upgrade I'd really like a bigger screen and I don't think it's very likely to happen. And at the end of the day no matter what happens I'd probably break down and get it anyways. :p

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I've come to the realization the for me to upgrade I'd really like a bigger screen and I don't think it's very likely to happen. And at the end of the day no matter what happens I'd probably break down and get it anyways. :p

So I know you can't say much but what do you think the chances are that it will have lte? I could live with the smaller screen if it has lte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner