Next generation iPhone release date is in Oct. - will you upgrade?

Will you upgrade?

• Yes

Votes: 116 63.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 43 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So because you were told it is going to be called 4gs that makes it lte? I am just trying to understand where you are coming from. If I remember correctly the 3gs wasn't really a big step over the 3g and if the i4gs/5 is really going to have lte you would think that is a big change from the 4g and would warrant a i5. But hey I am not disagreeing with you just taking it with a grain of salt. Sorry some fanboys get upset over it guess they don't like speculation:eek:

I never said it would be called an 4GS intentionally. Exactly why I'm not saying much and probably won't say much else. (I always get tricked back into posting though...) I'm not speculating either, like I posted somewhere else - what I have posted here, at that time of the post, are indeed fact from Cupertino.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I never said it would be called an 4GS intentionally. Exactly why I'm not saying much and probably won't say much else. (I always get tricked back into posting though...) I'm not speculating either, like I posted somewhere else - what I have posted here, at that time of the post, are indeed fact from Cupertino.

I didn't mean you were speculating, that was directed at another poster. I believe you I was just curious as to how the 3g-3gs was a minor upgrade and if the i4-4gs would be a similar small upgrade. But We will all see once it is announced and then we will know what it has and what it will be called. Honestly I dont care what it is called if it has lte I will grab one.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Like I said before you started crying what evidence is there? There is evidence for a new iphone plenty of it. Let me guess you will say they discovered the ability of it running lte in one of the test builds. Or your moms bf's sister's father said that it will have it. Make a bold claim back it up;)

I'm sorry if I somehow insulted you, but I was simply telling it like it is...

As for there being no evidence of LTE, you're wrong. The forum admin stated that he was given word that it would be LTE. Now, obviously this isn't a guarantee but he has been right about things like this in the past... If you don't believe me you can check his posts as others have suggested you do. But for some reason, it appears you haven't...

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I didn't mean you were speculating, that was directed at another poster. I believe you I was just curious as to how the 3g-3gs was a minor upgrade and if the i4-4gs would be a similar small upgrade. But We will all see once it is announced and then we will know what it has and what it will be called. Honestly I dont care what it is called if it has lte I will grab one.

Now you're contradicting yourself... You believe him but you're refuting me on the idea that the next iphone will be LTE? :confused:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

I'm just trying to be clear about things I post is all. No worries.

I'm sorry if I somehow insulted you, but I was simply telling it like it is...

As for there being no evidence of LTE, you're wrong. The forum admin stated that he was given word that it would be LTE. Now, obviously this isn't a guarantee but he has been right about things like this in the past... If you don't believe me you can check his posts as others have suggested you do. But for some reason, it appears you haven't...

For my thoughts on LTE read this thread. While I have not been told directly it would have LTE I'm pretty positive from what I do know that it is highly likely.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Now you're contradicting yourself... You believe him but you're refuting me on the idea that the next iphone will be LTE? :confused:

I never said it wouldn't. Clearly it went over your head which should be expected on these forums. Let me be clear I read his posts and all I was saying was I put more faith in a mod then in you. I never said it wouldn't all I said was what evidence do you have? I am not saying the mod is wrong but what a friend tells someone isn't what I would call concrete evidence.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I never said it wouldn't. Clearly it went over your head which should be expected on these forums. Let me be clear I read his posts and all I was saying was I put more faith in a mod then in you. I never said it wouldn't all I said was what evidence do you have? I am not saying the mod is wrong but what a friend tells someone isn't what I would call concrete evidence.

Well then obviously we just had a misunderstanding about what we consider "evidence". Most people on these forums consider the mod to be fairly concrete evidence. But it's expected on these forums for people who are more new to it (such as yourself) to not take his words as evidence. I did it at first until I checked his posts and realized he was a reliable source.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Well then obviously we just had a misunderstanding about what we consider "evidence". Most people on these forums consider the mod to be fairly concrete evidence. But it's expected on these forums for people who are more new to it (such as yourself) to not take his words as evidence. I did it at first until I checked his posts and realized he was a reliable source.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I have been on more than you I just took a little break after I got rid of my i4 and then just came back recently to see what rumors are for the newest iphone since I am due for an upgrade and are just looking at all my options. I read his posts and yes he is a mod but guess you just have to take his word for it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Doesn't my getting the Oct. 7th date for release only to be backed up by other sources claiming the same date a few days later mean anything around these parts?! :p

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Ha that was meant to be sarcastic. Next time I will add the /s

Oh I know but seriously though I can see how people could feel that way. But again I gain nothing from sharing things I hear first hand with people here. I do it just cause I'm just as much as an iPhone lover as anyone in these forums if not more. I wish a few years back I had someone who was in my position sharing stuff with me here when these forums first started.

Reactions: BLiNK

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh I know but seriously though I can see how people could feel that way. But again I gain nothing from sharing things I hear first hand with people here. I do it just cause I'm just as much as an iPhone lover as anyone in these forums if not more. I wish a few years back I had someone who was in my position sharing stuff with me here when these forums first started.

We do appreciate the fact that you do share info with us, Jeremy. Just letting you know....

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was looking forward to a larger screen like many of you. My friend was well aware of what I was looking for in terms of hardware and I was told I'd be "disappointed" along with some other things that I'll just leave alone here. Make of it what you will.

I must confess that after reading what you posted here I went over to Android Central and poked around a bit. I feel better now, though, as they seem to be doing the same exact thing that we're doing here, only their upcoming big devices will be a Motorola and a Samsung.... I so want a larger screen but I don't want to give up what I have come to know and like about Apple. I guess I'll just sit back and wait to see what Apple says and what the new iPhone looks like before deciding if I should use a Android phone and keep my iPad 2.

---

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I must confess that after reading what you posted here I went over to Android Central and poked around a bit. I feel better now, though, as they seem to be doing the same exact thing that we're doing here, only their upcoming big devices will be a Motorola and a Samsung.... I so want a larger screen but I don't want to give up what I have come to know and like about Apple. I guess I'll just sit back and wait to see what Apple says and what the new iPhone looks like before deciding if I should use a Android phone and keep my iPad 2.

---

I agree I think that I would be fine with the same screen size if it is dual core and lte. Otherwise I would not feel it is that much of an upgrade over the iphone 4 if they kept the same design yet just added dual core. I would hope apple would add more to it than that and from what rumors are floating around it seems they are adding more but I guess we can only wait and see.

deterninedforrest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Apple cancled iPad 3 release

Can I believe that?
I am waiting for the new generation iPhone and iPad.

It is also reported, Apple planned to release Ipad3 in the second half of this year. But rumor has it that,Apple cancled the plan of releaseing iPad 3 in the second half of this year.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox