Next gen Otterbox case for next gen iphone. Ads surface.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I caught this little teaser as an ad and found it interesting. I'm just as exited about the new cases as the acknowledgement of the new iphone. Anyone see this yet? If that's a defender it definitely looks a bit thinner and less boxy.

ge8ejeny.jpg

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yep saw the teaser box this morning on the blog but I don't use otterbox so it was not that interested although I am sure since they needed a change across the line it will make many people very happy. Thanks for pointing it out to us. :)

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I saw these as well! I ordered a Commuter last week in Bolt. I'm glad I got it when I did - I don't see the orange color in the teaser!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I saw these as well! I ordered a Commuter last week in Bolt. I'm glad I got it when I did - I don't see the orange color in the teaser!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

That was the first color option I purchased as orange is my favorite color. So much so I have the real tree camo defender on my phone now. I don't care for the camo but love the bright orange. I carry my phone screen out so I barely see any camo.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they'll finally get the silicone right. That's my one gripe with Otterbox is that the silicone outer shell stretches badly after only a few times taking it on and off.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm very interested. Have always had an Otterbox on my iPhones. Was going to get a grey silicone for my green on but I'm for sure waiting until the new phone and box. Curious about the improvements since they acquired lifeproof.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they'll finally get the silicone right. That's my one gripe with Otterbox is that the silicone outer shell stretches badly after only a few times taking it on and off.

Which one do you have. I have several for the iPhone 5 and have taken them on and off over 20 times and they have not stretched out.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Which one do you have. I have several for the iPhone 5 and have taken them on and off over 20 times and they have not stretched out.

Ditto I've taken mine off countless times and have never stretched them all'you must be yanking the off causing them to stretch don't know anyone with those issues.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a problem w/ stretching either. I'm not saying this is always the case but I think a LOT of people buy fakes on Amazon, eBay, etc. and aren't aware of it.

I've never had to use them but I've always heard Otterbox has great customer service. If it's stretching without much use and it's authentic I would imagine they'd swap it out without too much trouble.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Aye. That was especially a problem for the 4/4S boxes. It got better with the ones for the 5, I believe they said they used a different treatment on the material, but it is still a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I've never had a problem w/ stretching either. I'm not saying this is always the case but I think a LOT of people buy fakes on Amazon, eBay, etc. and aren't aware of it.

I've never had to use them but I've always heard Otterbox has great customer service. If it's stretching without much use and it's authentic I would imagine they'd swap it out without too much trouble.

Sorry for the double post. Still getting used to the new Tapatalk app.

The CS from Otter is really good so there should be no issue there. A rep from them explained to me that pulling and yanking isn't an issue as much as oil and grease is. They seep in to the material and cause it to lose its rigidity. That makes sense if you figure that some people take the cases off a lot and never have a problem while other people do. People with oily hands or those that work jobs where lubricants or moisture are common will see their cases stretch out more than others.

As I said in my other post, sorry again, they've used a new treatment on the material to alleviate the problem.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Sucks because the defender will probably be useless to me since swiping back in menus etc will be much harder and the fingerprint sensor will be disabled.

I'm excited about a new reflex though that's for damn sure.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Sucks because the defender will probably be useless to me since swiping back in menus etc will be much harder and the fingerprint sensor will be disabled.

I'm excited about a new reflex though that's for damn sure.

Wow, that's something that didn't cross my mind. That could certainly be an issue for a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Ditto I've taken mine off countless times and have never stretched them all'you must be yanking the off causing them to stretch don't know anyone with those issues.

I don't yank them off. They stretch around the earpiece. I can take them off by using a different part of the silicone and they still stretch to the point where they're unusable. That's my only ***** with the Defender cases for the 4s.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

And my cases are not fake. I bought them all from OB.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully they will not allow the device to move as much in new cases as they do allow in the iPhone 5 case.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I am loving my armor series case. Highly recommend the armor series

Yeah, that's what I've been using since it came out. I LOVE it. I no longer worry about dropping my phone, getting it wet, or getting oil slicks on the screen. And I actually prefer the bulk. This thing is a tank.

I have tried a few slim cases but I put them on for about 5 minutes, get nervous, then put my Armor back on. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen