New York's updated COVID passport no longer supports Apple Wallet

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
You can be pretty sure that the app will be earning money in some way (but not for you !) probably by collecting data to sell.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It blows my mind that people are being required to show proof of being vaccinated with an approved vaccination for COVID-19 that doesn’t prevent people from being infected or reinfected.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It blows my mind that people are being required to show proof of being vaccinated with an approved vaccination for COVID-19 that doesn’t prevent people from being infected or reinfected.
The problem is that once these get full FDA approval it can open up a can of worms for some businesses.

I can see someone who is not vaccinated trying to sue a restaurant because they feel they caught the virus at their restaurant and ended up close to death.

Plus, if I can deny service to someone to make a cake for their gay wedding then I can deny service to anyone for pretty much anything I’d like. Just gotta live with it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that once these get full FDA approval it can open up a can of worms for some businesses.

I can see someone who is not vaccinated trying to sue a restaurant because they feel they caught the virus at their restaurant and ended up close to death.

Plus, if I can deny service to someone to make a cake for their gay wedding then I can deny service to anyone for pretty much anything I’d like. Just gotta live with it.

Yeah, I can see that happening as well. There will always be those who will generate a bogus lawsuit just to receive nuisance pay to go away. Your last point is….well… on point. :)