New Year Approaching, New iPhone Adventure Begins!...

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Firstly greetings from the United Kingdom! I'm 31, female, Married with kids!

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and that everyone is looking forward to the new year! :D

I first had an iPhone 4 back in December 2011 and I had it for a few weeks before I found out what the partner had come across, when he came to BlackBerry. So I ditched the iPhone 4 and went to a BlackBerry Z10. Since then I have had a BlackBerry Z10. BlackBerry Q10 and then left to go to a Nokia Lumia 930 from April to September 2015 and I enjoyed the non constant BBM speed group conversations, felt like I was never away from my phone when having a BlackBerry, so enjoyed the change. Then I went through a rough ordeal with an operation that went wrong and went back onto BlackBerry (silly I know! but it's where my support network was at that present time.

In the past twelve months I have noticed I'm mainly tweeting (a lot!) and photo taking and posting (Instagram). So last week when the husband showed me the amazing new iPhone, the iPhone 7 Plus I was amazed at the quality of the camera, as I love taking photos, I have to have an amazing camera and the BlackBerry Passport SE that I had, the camera wasn't the best anymore, it took ages to focus and the majority of the photos clarity was rubbish.

So I took myself to my local carphone warehouse on Tuesday and ordered myself an iPhone 7 Plus in Rose Gold! It arrived in the store yesterday and the husband has been setting it up for me yesterday, yes I still have BBM on it to stay in touch with some main friend friends who I made over the years (yes it's not a lot, but I would like to stay in touch with them!)

So far, so good, I'm loving being able to use an actual Facebook app (compared to the facebook web browser, since BlackBerry got rid of the app!) , enjoying an actual Instagram app instead of a BlackBerry version of the app, Twitter is looking much nicer and the things you can do on iMessage lol!

So selling the BlackBerry Passport SE :D

So on here to learn as I go with my iPhone, ask for help when needed and hopefully make some new friends along the way too!

Hope to hear from someone / some of you soon!

N x

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, and note that many here are helpful.

I was also tied to blackberry for quite some time until I tore myself away; with the advent of WhatsApp I don't even use bbm anymore

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and enjoy our great community, I am also a Blackberry user and go between my Priv and my iPhone 7 plus and finding myself using my 7 plus 128 more and more. Enjoy the site.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iphone forums when I changed from BlackBerry to 6s I kept the BBM and thought it run buggy and used more battery so I deleted it and only use imessage and it works perfect as mostly all contacts have changed over also I refused to go down BlackBerrys Android route .

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to iMore.com.

As Moderator Team Leader I hope all your questions are answered in the forums. We have a tremendous user-base that is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you need anything, please reach out to me.

Thanks and again glad to have you here

LeviV8

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
So far, so good, I'm loving being able to use an actual Facebook app (compared to the facebook web browser, since BlackBerry got rid of the app!) , enjoying an actual Instagram app instead of a BlackBerry version of the app, Twitter is looking much nicer and the things you can do on iMessage lol!

As a former BB Z10 user , I feel the pain. :rolleyes: This described exactly my reactions after getting my 1st iPhone after 4 BBs ;)

Welcome to the iOS side then :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2