New to iPhone (12 Pro Max)

ibcop

Nov 16, 2020
Visit site
Hello all - Android user for many years....and I find myself getting frustrated because either I can't figure out what I need to do or maybe the feature isn't there to begin with. So.....help an old(er) guy out with these few questions - for now. Lol.

1. How in the heck do I get my photos I saved on my computer (W10) that are already in folders.....onto this thing? I googled and a video said to download iCloud....did that and they are there but sweet jesus....they aren't in folders any longer - all mixed together. So I thought i was kicking butt and made an album...yaay me! I moved (so I thought) 19 pictures into the album I created - I guess all it did was copy them as they are still in the mixed up bunch.

2. Music....I guess I'm tied to iTunes for music? I can't assign a song for my alarm? No way to add ringtones I already have?

3. No always on display? I use it on my Note 20 Ultra to see the time if I wake up 57 times.

I'll start with these few questions....I'm still on the fence if this is gonna be a good fit for me and the Mrs.....But I appreciate the help here.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello all - Android user for many years....and I find myself getting frustrated because either I can't figure out what I need to do or maybe the feature isn't there to begin with. So.....help an old(er) guy out with these few questions - for now. Lol.

1. How in the heck do I get my photos I saved on my computer (W10) that are already in folders.....onto this thing? I googled and a video said to download iCloud....did that and they are there but sweet jesus....they aren't in folders any longer - all mixed together. So I thought i was kicking butt and made an album...yaay me! I moved (so I thought) 19 pictures into the album I created - I guess all it did was copy them as they are still in the mixed up bunch.

2. Music....I guess I'm tied to iTunes for music? I can't assign a song for my alarm? No way to add ringtones I already have?

3. No always on display? I use it on my Note 20 Ultra to see the time if I wake up 57 times.

I'll start with these few questions....I'm still on the fence if this is gonna be a good fit for me and the Mrs.....But I appreciate the help here.

My suggestions coming from support and use of several platforms..... I prefer to make the photo and file management a platform choice as in paid tier Google, Microsoft and Apple or for possibly Adobe for photos. Use their platforms (OneDrive, iCloud) to sync and manage the files. They all have their better and worse aspects.

For photos I use Apple and Adobe. For files OneDrive and G-Suite when I have to. It took some effort to give up the way I managed files manually but you have to pick your fights.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner