New to iMore forums but an Apple user since around 2002

anon(10274778)

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I'm Allan from Aalborg, Denmark. Currently 41 years old.

I thought that creating a thread to present myself was in order.

I've been using Macs since the iMac G4 17" "lamp edition" was released and was pleased with the decision to not use Windows XP anymore and opening myself up to a world of desktop customization which became where I found my place.

Mac OS X Tiger was so great for that. Windows XP did of course have a whole of themes but I was drawn to lick-able buttons and scrollbars.

I really loved the OS X interface then. Slow pulsing buttons and what not. But I also loved the theming possibilities that ShapeShifter and CandyBar brought. Although I can't get the years to match from when I got my G4 iMac 'till ShapeShifter was released. Which was in 2007 with version 2.5(Wikipedia) - I must have been using versions of that much longer than I realize.

Years later I am thinking that Apple is doing great in stopping users from tampering with system files, which of course sucks when you're me in 2019 (I turn SIP off but new users are not encouraged to do so)

So, I don't make a lot of themes anymore, but if I do then I only make small changes. Catalina and Mojave are very different beasts when it comes to theming when comparing Yosemite -> High Sierra.

not trying to sell anything - because it's all free here
I create a few folders and app icons and also cDock and of lastly cursors for Mousecape - like my favourite, Ignite.

You can go here to look at it all [redacted] should you desire. Might be a mess but look in the Gallery section for it all.

It's great being here on iMore and also Mobile Nation's Windows Central(gotta keep up with what the competitor is doing).
I haven't been posting much but I have been scouring through threads and articles. I hope to post more.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the iMore Forums, sir and thank you for introducing yourself to this community. I redacted the link to your images because it is considered self-promoting. Maybe after a while when we’ve gotten to know you better, we may discover that your intent is not to self-promote. In the meantime, please feel free to join in any of the conversations that may interest you throughout the forums.

Take care...

anon(10274778)

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
Ah yes, thanks for doing that..In all honesty I didn't mean to actually make it a self-promotion post. Appreciate the moderation.

Thank you for the welcome. :D Take care

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods