New to iMore and need some help!

anon(9022199)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
So I'm new to this site and looking at my profile it says i have "made" 4 comments, but I know I haven't as I only started using this site a couple hours ago, I tried to look through my settings to see if I could discover what the 4 comments we're. (like my activity if you will) but unfortunately I cannot :( is there a way I can see the previous comments i have supposingly made? thanks in advance!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Connor! I'm only seeing 2 posts for you but Tapatalk says you've been a member since 2014. You've probably had a profile on another Mobile Nations forum like CrackBerry or Android Central.
d629d2cddbe6381a126311680c3833b2.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1461980026.586492.jpg

You may have started "using this site" a couple of hours ago, but you "joined this site" a couple of years ago...

anon(9022199)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! Yes it seems to be only showing on the web version of iMore, and yes I have 2 posts but apparently I have made 4 comments on other peoples threads. My account has been active since 2014 but never used it until now which was my confusion. Anyway no big deal thanks for the help :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! Yes it seems to be only showing on the web version of iMore, and yes I have 2 posts but apparently I have made 4 comments on other peoples threads. My account has been active since 2014 but never used it until now which was my confusion. Anyway no big deal thanks for the help :)

No problem! Welcome aboard

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

You're very welcome...:)

anon(9022199)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Quick question guys, what's the best way to get notifications about replies etc? The iMore app doesn't seem to be sending them and I'd prefer not to receive email notifications. Thanks :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Quick question guys, what's the best way to get notifications about replies etc? The iMore app doesn't seem to be sending them and I'd prefer not to receive email notifications. Thanks :)

Use the iMore Forums app or the Tapatalk app. Both will allow for notifications via the Notifications settings.

anon(9022199)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Check check check, so strange. Like for example I didn't know you had replied to this I had to manually check. As I'm new to this and I'm not sure weather under my account somewhere I may have something unchecked but from what I can see everything seems fine. I even subscribed to this post, not sure what difference that would make but trying to find a solution. Thanks though :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Check check check, so strange. Like for example I didn't know you had replied to this I had to manually check. As I'm new to this and I'm not sure weather under my account somewhere I may have something unchecked but from what I can see everything seems fine. I even subscribed to this post, not sure what difference that would make but trying to find a solution. Thanks though :)

Maybe you unintentionally denied the app permission. Try deleting the app, then reinstall it and start over. If it asks permission for anything, tap ok or yes. Be sure to enable push notifications again and set up notifications in Settings again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes they just don't click. I always have a few apps that for some reason don't work for notifications. No idea why not. Sometimes deleting and starting over fixes it, regardless of any permissions.