New member here... seeking for a better place

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I'm Max, an italian guy of 44, Apple user since 1989. I'm an IT guy, a former developer, with a great passion for everything related to technology. I was a moderator for a quite big italian tech forum, and I'm an active (actually one of the top 20) member in a big italian tech community like this.
I switched to an "Apple-only" environment in 2005.

And now I have to explain a little better the thread's title. I am, or maybe the right term is "I was" a very active MRForum's member. And with "very active" I mean about 9000 posts, 1600 likes, a contributor.... but in the last year I argued more and more with forum's administrators about the moderation policy, and now I'm under the impression I'm no more welcomed there (keep been suspended for very silly motivations by a couple of moderators I vocally criticized with admins).
I'm not going to tell you all the detail of this sad story, but I can tell you it was a very frustrating experience. A very sad experience.
MRForums was a great place, but now as of today is just a nest of haters and trolls, ready to downplay and criticize Apple on almost every thread, able to transform a positive news in an Apple's bashing pool.

I'm just looking for an Apple centric forum where I can share my passion, my experience, seek for advice and offer my help (if I can). I don't want someone that feel the need to enlighten me about how superior his Samsung/Google product is on almost every thread, depicting us Apple customers like "iSheep".

I really hope this is the right place.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I am a member here since August of last year when a wonderful Moderator (Spencerdl) introduced himself to me at MR. I am also a big time poster at MR with over 5600 post and still occasionally post there. I was invited to have a look at iMore and have not looked back. It has been a great experience being here as I find the members to be much more pleasant.

I design wallpapers for members as my way of paying back the community here for the knowledge I gain by being part of it. I have found the experience here to be great and have made many friends in a short period of time. If that is any indication to you of the type of members that are here.

I am sure you will find your experience here to be a pleasant one. I really can't say enough about Mobile Nations and its members. We all enjoy our Apple devices here on iMore and have some very knowledgeable people who can help with most issues that arise. Again welcome and post often! I look forward to seeing your post!

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I am a member here since August of last year when a wonderful Moderator (Spencerdl) introduced himself to me at MR. I am also a big time poster at MR with over 5600 post and still occasionally post there. I was invited to have a look at iMore and have not looked back. It has been a great experience being here as I find the members to be much more pleasant.

I design wallpapers for members as my way of paying back the community here for the knowledge I gain by being part of it. I have found the experience here to be great and have made many friends in a short period of time. If that is any indication to you of the type of members that are here.

I am sure you will find your experience here to be a pleasant one. I really can't say enough about Mobile Nations and its members. We all enjoy our Apple devices here on iMore and have some very knowledgeable people who can help with most issues that arise. Again welcome and post often! I look forward to seeing your post!
we have something to share since Spencerdl is the same guy I met on MR (great wallpapers guy, are yours ?)....

I'm enjoying the website and the forum.
I'll let you know about the experience.

I'm really shocked about what happened to me at MR, and I don't want to repeat the experience.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
we have something to share since Spencerdl is the same guy I met on MR (great wallpapers guy, are yours ?)....

I'm enjoying the website and the forum.
I'll let you know about the experience.

I'm really shocked about what happened to me at MR, and I don't want to repeat the experience.

Well I am sure you won't see the same thing here. I find opinions tend to be respected here for what they are. Just an individuals opinion. The Moderators are very fair. Just like most forums they are volunteers and do the best they can. It has been a good time for me here. I have seen some of the things going on at MR, but have not personally experienced any myself. As I did walls there mostly, I mostly dealt with members who appreciated what I did for them.

I do okay with the walls. Have been doing them for several years now. Most are custom, but I do rebuild some to fit different phones. Please feel free to have a look at them. I have several threads of walls started. Something I enjoy doing in my spare time.

Really hope to see you around on the boards and hoping you enjoy yourself here!

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Well I am sure you won't see the same thing here. I find opinions tend to be respected here for what they are. Just an individuals opinion. The Moderators are very fair. Just like most forums they are volunteers and do the best they can. It has been a good time for me here. I have seen some of the things going on at MR, but have not personally experienced any myself. As I did walls there mostly, I mostly dealt with members who appreciated what I did for them.

I do okay with the walls. Have been doing them for several years now. Most are custom, but I do rebuild some to fit different phones. Please feel free to have a look at them. I have several threads of walls started. Something I enjoy doing in my spare time.

Really hope to see you around on the boards and hoping you enjoy yourself here!
I'm changing wallpaper quite often, so I will surely check yours .... once I'll find them :D (I'm still exploring the forums)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to iMore.com.

As Moderator Team Leader I hope all your questions are answered in the forums. We have a tremendous user-base that is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you need anything, please reach out to me.

Thanks and again glad to have you here

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR